It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
dont scare me-impacted wisdom

i really want answers without description of what will or could happen as im just wondering why this would have to be done if nothing is wrong, and i stress pls dont leave advice that would be descriptive. I have an impacted wisdom tooth that DOES NOT bother me at all!! its right under the gum and is covered very well with the gum so food and stuff cant get by the tooth, its in very deep. now i mustve had this for at least 10 yrs now but 6 ago when i was getting a splint my dentist noticed it but didnt seem concerned at all he mearly mentioned it to me. then 3 yrs ago i went for routine check from another dentist and although there was still nothing wrong with the tooth he told me to get it removed, well this i dont want to do and put me into a dentist scare ocd mental frenzy for 2 yrs when i finally got up the courage to get a routine check up with another dentist who was really good with me he told me to leave it alone if the tooth wasnt bugging me and theres nothing wrong with it just dont worry. well now its just been on my mind again for no reason and i need some answers to these questions1. if its not bugging me why take it out? its been mentioned that the only bad thing for doing that is if something goes wrong with it in the future that if im older healing could take longer. 2. why do people say it could get infected and such as theres no tooth to get infected as its completely covered in gum? my aunt who is in her 50s has the same thing and has never had to have it removed and this is something that i want to leave and if and only if it really gives me probs one day make that decision then. i dont really want to hear of things that have happened to others or people they know i just want medical common sense answers of how leaving this tooth in could neg. harm me if im having no probs. i developed dental phobia due to this situation and i dont want to hear grosse things that could make me go koo koo again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2005, 05:01 PM   #2
(female)

CuteT HB User
Re: dont scare me-impacted wisdom

LOL. Hayley...if the tooth isn't bothering you, then just leave it alone. There's nothing wrong with that.

Old 10-17-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

ty sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!i just needed a bit of common sense!

Old 10-17-2005, 06:32 PM   #4
(female)

CuteT HB User

You're welcome. I know how scary it can be. I've had all but one removed so far...and ONLY because I had to. If there was a cause for true concern, more than one dentist would've said so. So, stop worrying. Okay?

Old 10-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #5
(female)

carltongal HB User

Hi Hayley
I'll try to answer your second question with out being descriptive, I had 2 wisdom teeth still way up in the gums, and one of them developed a cyst, which really hurt, i dont know if thats considered an infection but I think so, so things can happen when its still in the gum, but if its not bothering you then I'd leave it

Old 10-18-2005, 12:48 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

ty guys i really really appreciate u guys not scaring me i almost didnt look at the responses in case it might but its made me feel much better. This tooth is on my bottom right side and like i said its obviously sideways and totally covered in thick gum chances are kind of slim anything could get in there. Like i said my dentist said dont worry at all leave it if its not bugging you but then i always second guess cause that 1 dentist said it needed to come out asap only reason being it wasnt erupted like a normal tooth. ty again for ur comments, im not worried about infections and such as much as me having to have surgery to get this thing out, im not a very good patient and ive had some ocd probs with my health and worrying about it constantly and this tooth thing sometimes comes into my head and then i obssess over it and go mental all over again with worry!! damn brain:P im the type that has to have a tranquilizer to get my flu shot!!! and i get my flu shot so i dont get sick and worrying about my health even more lol....never ending i swear!!!but other than any future potential infections i really dont see why this thing couldnt stay where it is.

Last edited by hayley0610; 10-18-2005 at 12:48 AM.

Closed Thread