It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2001, 01:23 PM   #1

julie321 HB User
Angry new fillings hurt!

I had 3 new white fillings placed about 6 weeks ago. Once in a while, everyday, they hurt a little bit. It feels kinda like I have a cavity....that same sort of feeling. I also have been getting headaches which I am not sure if it's related. Is this normal after fillings to have them still hurting after so long, and are headaches a sign something is wrong? If so, what could be wrong with them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2001, 03:40 AM   #2

Robert2 HB User
Fillings can be achy for a few months. They are sensitve to even changes in the weather. They will usually becomes less sensative with time. Headaches on the other hand should be reported to your oral surgeon. He may want to check your bite to make certain he got it just right. Your dental work should not cause you to have headaches.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2001, 04:49 PM   #3
Inactive

Shaelle HB User
Right!

Your fillings may be a little sensitive afterwords, but they shouldn't be really hurting. Sometimes the filling may not be completely sealed and you may still have a leak in it, between your tooth and the filling. Also your bite may not be right since the fillings were placed, causing you to hit harder on your new fillings causing them to hurt and causing your headaches. Have a follow up visit with your dentist, have him check them again possibly take new x-rays if needed. Good Luck!

Old 11-24-2001, 11:02 PM   #4
Inactive

Dr.Phier HB User
Fillings can and do often hurt for several months after you have them. Think of it this way you had a high speed (and perhaps low speed) drill pounding away on your tooth into the living tissue of it. This will cause tissue injury and hydrostatic pressure differences which will result in a much more sensitive tooth. The ONLY sensation a tooth can feel is pain. If its cold, it hurts, if its hot, it hurts, if its inflamed a bit, it will hurt.

This WILL go away with time. Sometimes a short time sometimes a long time. It took me about 3 months to be 100% ok with my fillings I had last year.

Phier

Closed Thread