It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2005, 06:32 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User
Implants all finished!

I received my permanent teeth today from my Doctors at Prosthodontic Intermedica. There are so beautiful and so very real looking. I am blown away with happiness. They wouldn't let me leave until everything was perfect. If you could just see my new smile. You would be impressed too.

Last edited by anitak1982; 10-20-2005 at 06:33 PM.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
(female)

NOSMILEYET HB User
Re: Implants all finished!

I am smiling with you .

Please tell me more about the placement . was it a perfect fit or did you need adjustment done. are you now able to chew and bite whatever you want.

I am still waiting for november 17th and hoping to share the good news of "implants bonding"

I am so very excited and happy for you .

Diane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CARAT414 HB User

AnitaK,

I am so happy for you. I get my permenant bottoms on Tuesday. I am so excited.

So how does it feel?? Can you eat without the worry of them popping out??? Gosh I cant wait.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:45 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAT414
AnitaK,

I am so happy for you. I get my permenant bottoms on Tuesday. I am so excited.

So how does it feel?? Can you eat without the worry of them popping out??? Gosh I cant wait.
Oh sure I can eat. I can eat anything anyone would usually eat with natural teeth. They are screwed onto the implants with tiny screws. They cannot be removed except by a dental professions with proper equipment.

The visit began in a rush since I am out of town they finished me in just 3 days. Monday I went in for a cleaning and impressions. First time I saw myself without my teeth. Ewe! LOL.

I then left and stayed at a motel until Thursday (yesterday). The day began at 8:30 and I wasn't finished until 3. They did a try in and the Doctor felt they needed to show more especially on one side. They called the ceramicist who had been there since 1 in the morning just for me. He redid them and they were still in their unglazed state. The bottoms were perfect from the beginning and needed no adjustments.

They did the next try in and the bar that holds the appliance kept making me gag and it was nearly impossible to talk. This bar is important though for as long as this is still attached any adjustments are possible. They kept asking me if I liked the color, shape, feel, bite, smile and had me go in the bathroom alone and smile and talk to myself.

In the end I was very pleased and I had the whole staff running in to see. They took so many photo's I felt like a movie star.

I am beyond happy. I have dark hair and a medium complexion and chose color B1. I thought A2 was too yellow and A1 wasn't as whiite as I wanted but close.

Last edited by anitak1982; 10-21-2005 at 02:48 AM.

Old 10-31-2005, 04:55 PM   #5
(male)

gpk HB User

It's great to hear that everything is working out for you.
I have five lower implants and can't decide whether to go with a permanent overdenture like yours or a removeable one. Why did you choose the permanent one?

GPK

Old 11-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpk
It's great to hear that everything is working out for you.
I have five lower implants and can't decide whether to go with a permanent overdenture like yours or a removeable one. Why did you choose the permanent one?

GPK
Permanent was a no brainer to me. You cannot remove your natural teeth why remove these. You clean them the exact same way you do natural teeth with floss, and a tooth brush. I use a water pick too. They are stable, firm and do not move at all. I can eat anything I want and I have no fear of them falling out or having to glue them in. It is amazing the feeling of having a pretty smile.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:52 PM   #7
(male)

gpk HB User

Anitak,
Thanks very much for responding. I guess what I can't decide is, whether to go with a permanent overdenture made by my dentist or go with the removeable made by my denturologist. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions? Thankyou.

GPK

Old 11-02-2005, 04:29 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpk
Anitak,
Thanks very much for responding. I guess what I can't decide is, whether to go with a permanent overdenture made by my dentist or go with the removeable made by my denturologist. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions? Thankyou.

GPK
I do not regret having unremovable permanent teeth. However it is important to find a skilled person at making the teeth. Ask to see photo's and maybe speak to satisfied patients. This is a great deal of money you're investing. I visit a couple of other dental sites and it is shocking to see that people are so unhappy with the end results of their teeth. They cannot chew or they are in great pain. Do research before you invest.

If after researching and find that you are not happy with your dentist's skill then personally I would still look around to find someone with great skill to create permanent teeth. It is very worth it.

Last edited by anitak1982; 11-02-2005 at 04:31 AM.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #9
(female)

NOSMILEYET HB User

Anita, i miss you on the board but i know you are probably busy smiling. i am still hanging in there .my procelain crowns were retured to the lab twice so i am having a slight setback . my appointment was reschedued until the 11th of november . i am a little disappointed but it is understandable.i am trying so hard stay focus on the goal.

keep smiling

Diane

Old 11-03-2005, 05:27 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSMILEYET
Anita, i miss you on the board but i know you are probably busy smiling. i am still hanging in there .my procelain crowns were retured to the lab twice so i am having a slight setback . my appointment was reschedued until the 11th of november . i am a little disappointed but it is understandable.i am trying so hard stay focus on the goal.

keep smiling

Diane
Hi,
Actually I visit everyday. Feel free to ask me any thing. When I went to my Doctor's the lab is on the premesis and since I live so far away they kept taking them off and putting them back in until they were perfect. I did however have my temporaries that they put back in my mouth while waiting. Those implants are pokey little buggers and made my jaws ache so bad as there was nothing to rest my jaws on.

Do you have uppers and lowers like I do?

Anita

Old 11-03-2005, 05:54 AM   #11
(female)

legirl HB User

I need to get an implant for a misssing molar. I'm terrified of the process and the pain. Can you tell me about the procedure? Were you put to sleep? Was there a lot of pain, swelling, or bruising? How long was the recovery process?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:14 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyergirl
I need to get an implant for a misssing molar. I'm terrified of the process and the pain. Can you tell me about the procedure? Were you put to sleep? Was there a lot of pain, swelling, or bruising? How long was the recovery process?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.
One? Oh my a piece of cake!!!!! If the tooth is already missing even easier. No need to be put to sleep. I went to Prosthodontic Intermedica and they are state of the art. If you go to someone like my Doctor's they place implants and teeth in the same day. They also do this every day so they are very skilled. Other's you may consult may approach the procedure differently. The old way they placed the implant, covered up the implant with the gum tissue and waited for 3 months for the lowers and up to 4 to 5 months for the uppers. Then the gum tissue is removed and implants are placed. Both are successful procedures. As for pain. Very little and in some cases if the teeth were already missing then they can actually go back to work soon after with very little bruising.

I had all my teeth pulled and implants placed in a 6 hour surgery and implants placed and temporary teeth screwed onto the implants and never once experienced being without teeth. My new teeth are perfect and beautiful! I will soon be featured in their gallery and a story will be written about me.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:44 AM   #13
(female)

legirl HB User

Wow. Thanks for your reply. I don't feel nearly as fearful. I'd love to see your pictures when they are ready.

Enjoy your new smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2005, 11:53 AM   #14
(female)

NOSMILEYET HB User

The tentative plan as of today is, another crowns “try-in” on the 11th of this month and uncovering the lower implants on the 17th. I am supposed to have a reline done on my lower temporary denture and whatever type of adjustment I need to support the temporary. I need to wait an additional two weeks, have more impressions and something with proper bite adjustment.

No, I do not have uppers and lowers implants. I visited that plan but I would need sinus augmentation on both sides, implants etc. (All at a different charge). I was given three dental plans before starting my treatment so all options were discussed. I will have porcelain crowns and removable precision bridges on the top .the lower are implants supported dentures. They can only be removed by the dentist.

This is costing a great deal of $$$$$$$$$.

Everything in my mouth now is temporary and I continue to get compliments. MY only problem is I can not chew. (This is a great weight lost program)

I would like to go out of town for thanksgiving .do you think I will have any problems having the implants uncovered on the 17th and visiting family on the 22nd.

I am so happy everything went well for you.

Keep smiling

Diane

Old 11-03-2005, 01:13 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Mine were never covered. I had immediate load implants the day they gave them to me. So my gums never covered my implants. But according to my implant book and from what other's have said that outside of being tender there is no great pain. The pain was when you got them months ago. Just rinse with salt water and you should be on the mend very quick if you have any soreness at all.

I certainly know about not chewing. I didn't chew for 5 months just swallowed. The first week I was permitted to chew I nearly choked myself a couple of times as I forgot I was suppose to chew that big hunk of food I just put in my mouth and found I was gagging like crazy. I had to remember to chew again. LOL!

Anita

Closed Thread