It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2002, 06:48 PM   #1

thisgirl HB User
Unhappy what causes so many dental problems?

i am in my early twenties. for all of my life, i've had very good teeth, i ate healthy, i kept good care of my teeth daily. i never had to get many fillings, nor had to have a tooth pulled.

now, within the last couple years, everything went bad. i had a tongue piercing for awhile, and noticed my teeth would break easily, and someone had told me that oral piercings can cause a lot of tooth damage, and so i took it out. even after that, i started having a lot of toothaches, which led to constant headaches, and my teeth continued to crumble away. i went to the dentist and was in shock as he told me how bad my teeth had gotten. and i've been getting A LOT of work done lately. most of my teeth are bad, i've had 14 pulled in the last month, most of them were abcessed, and the remaining teeth all need fillings or some other work. i am mortified. i feel too young to need so much work done, and it's been very traumatizing for me.

does anyone have any idea what could have caused all my teeth to get this bad in such a short time? could i have some kind of disease or medical condition that is causing this? i can't find any answers anywhere.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2002, 07:48 AM   #2

antoni HB User
Did you get a second/third opinion? Different dentists will tell you different things. That's unfortunate but I hope you get an explanation of what caused so many teeth to abscess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread