It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2002, 10:27 AM   #1

JetService HB User
Post Tongue Bleeding After Brushing

After brushing my tongue, I began to notice streaks of bleed when spitting in the sink. I located the source and it was right on top just a little towards the back. Its very easy to see the area when sticking my tongue out and looking in the mirror. The bleeding very, very minor, almost like a pin-***** and would likely not be noticable without rinsing.The odd part is, the bleeding almost immediately subsides, but always come from the exact same spot. When its not bleeding, there's absolutely no indication of a lesion or bump on the tongue whatsoever. It looks perfectly normal, even upon very close lighted inspection. There appears to be no subsurface bumps either. It feels and looks perfectly smooth like the surrounding areas. Is this something to be concerned about and worthy of a special appointment or is this something fairly typical? I brush my tongue in the morning with the standard toothbrush and have never had this, nor soarness from it as a result. I'm a 35 y/o male. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2002, 11:24 AM   #2

nalawoman HB User
I would say in general that your years of average american living are possibly beginning to take their toll on you. It sounds like you take fairly good care of yourself if you conscientious enough to brush your tongue; for alot of people that is just too much effort. You should look into what is called the mucussless diet- which is basically avoiding most animal products and eating foods in thier raw whole state.
If you have a lesion, however small- that is consistently bleeding and not healing then I would tend to think that is an indicator of a breach in the integrity of your system as a whole. Probably if you went to a doctor, they would tell you it is nothing to fret about (unless it is some indicator of a malevolent disease that I am uaware of. Comforting thought!)
but anyway It is probably an issue that could be best addressed with a change of diet and some internal cleanses, starting with the colon. You will probably enjoy the results, with an increase in energy and likely lose a few extra pounds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2002, 03:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

bjg HB User
when in doubt its best to check it out..see your dr

Old 05-10-2002, 10:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Hi Jetservice
It sounds like to me it could be a "taste bud" that has been damadged & if you are brushing it everyday it is not able to heal. I have had the exact same thing before & i just quite brushing the tongue for a few days & it healed right up. I hope this works for ya! Good luck!

Closed Thread