It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2002, 01:16 PM   #1
Inactive

merlynne12 HB User
Post Wisdom teeth holes - when will they close???!!!

I still have some gaping holes from my extraction performed on April 5th, so it's been about 3 weeks. How long will this take?

I don't understand how the gums will just close up, when there's a big hole there...?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2002, 02:33 PM   #2
cshoreharrison

I had my wisdom teeth out on 04/15/02. I am still going through the "packing" process, because I developed dry socket. FUN!

My oral surgeon told me the holes would be mostly closed within about three or four months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2002, 02:38 PM   #3
Inactive

merlynne12 HB User
Good lord...I didn't think it was that long.

So get this...most of the reason why I panicked and thought something was wrong with my healing process is because my oral surgeon is an idiot. He sent me home with this information sheet on what to expect after the surgery. It said I should feel much better by the second day. Well...I felt worse, and progressively worse...it didn't mention anything about it affecting your ears, your sinuses, no mention of nausea.

So I ask him why his sheet says all this stuff - I mean, it made it sound like a piece of cake! He said that the sheet is the general sheet put out by the American Dental Assoc, and not very realistic. He planned on updating it, but just didn't find the time.

&^%$#@#^&^&*! the sheet also didn't mention anything about the "holes" in my jaw!

Old 04-25-2002, 07:53 PM   #4
cshoreharrison

I hear ya, believe me! Many people I knew were talking about how they were out ice skating, dancing, working, etc 2 days later. I could barely see straight! This is day 11 for me, and I am still working through the pain. I had dry socket, which was really painful. Hopefully, I will have the packing taken out for the last time tomorrow. Take care, and may our sockets heal quickly.

Old 05-26-2002, 11:38 PM   #5

rowdy-rowsey HB User
Red face

Geesh! Sounds like you guys have had a rought time with your wisdom teeth removals! I had all 4 of mine cut out at once--thankfully I didn't not get a dry socket! I am very thankful for that (i've heard they're very painful). About 2 days later I was crunching on those hard Snyder flavored pretzels. So mine wasn't too bad... and yes the holes do heal up, and you'll never even know that they were there! Good luck!

Old 05-27-2002, 06:25 PM   #6

JudyB1963 HB User
You should be checked for a dry socket.

I had four teeth extracted I never took anything stronger then Advil and was fine the next day. If you have lingering bad pain then you should go back and have it checked.

Closed Thread