It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2002, 11:30 PM   #1
Inactive

Jenna22 HB User
Unhappy Bad Breath

I tried to find anything here on this board about bad breath but wasn't that succesful.Anyway my boyfriend started having this horrible breath,it smells so bad.Anyway he tried ThereBreath which is formula supposed to help the bacteria to clean it off your tounge and you breath.Because the bad breath comes from the back of your tounge.I heard about a breath clinc,they have some kind of 2 treatments that can help.Please if anyone heard about this or knows any cure,i would be more than thankful.I just wanna french kiss him again.

Old 06-10-2002, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

bunny byron HB User
In addition to an anti-bacteria rinse, he should use a tongue scraper. But I will tell you what my husband did that worked incredibly well, but was incredibly expensive. He had a cleaning that got way down under the gums. First, the dentist numbed his entire mouth. Then he used some sort of super-fast water-fed instrument. The whole procedure took 30 -45 minutes and my husband came out with completely good, sweet breath. Plus, his gums looked SO much healthier, you wouldn't believe the difference! And let me tell you just how bad his breath had gotten. Sometimes upon simply entering the same room where my husband was, I could smell his breath! Really! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif So I am happy to have my non-maloderous sweetheart back again! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif
But here's the rub: It cost an unbelievable $1200 !!!
Insurance did pick up a small portion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2002, 10:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

After brushing the teeth and tongue, you could have him try using anti-septic and warm salt-water solutions. For the salt water solution, one can use both baking soda and table salt and mix it with the water.

After brushing, you first use the salt water solution and rinse the mouth thoroughly for about a minute or so. Then use the anti-septic. You can do that about three times, alternating between the two. Be careful to not do it too much, so that it does not irritate the gums. So, one has to use their own judgement, on how much you would have to do this. That would be an inexpensive method to try. It may or may not work, but he could give it a try and see....

I've heard that bad breath can be the result of other medical or dental problems. So, there are those things to consider too, if these methods of cleaning the teeth, gums, tongue and mouth do not work. In that case, he may want to see a medical professional.

I hope this common sense inexpensive method works, in the meantime.

Closed Thread