It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2002, 08:50 AM   #1
Inactive

Piperdreams HB User
Question problems with ill-fitting crown

Hullo All:

This is my very first post on this board although I have been reading it for about a month and benefited from the question/answers quite a bit. Here is my problem:

I had a crown and root canal done on my #29 (three months ago) and ever since that I have been experiencing pain/sensitivity in "ALL" o my teeth in my mouth. It is moving pain; for instance my front teeth aches for half an hour than pain moves to the upper back molars, and then to lower back molars, etc. This problem got worse when I had another crown put in next to 29 (#30) two weeks ago. #29 crown is very poorly shaped; my bite is out of alignment and I have some trouble when I chew food,my jaws feel tired after I eat, also #29 is sensitive to touch. The dentist who made #29 brushed me off so I found another dentist. My new denstist admits the fact that #29 crown is shaped poorly but he says he cannot buff it to correct my bite because he is afraid to damage the metal inside of my porcelain crown.

Does anyone have "moving pain" with all of their teeth due to crowns? Can one ill-shaped crown affect all teeth in one's mouth? I am in extreme discomfort. I appreciate the input. Thank you.

Piper

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread