It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2002, 05:30 AM   #1

antoni HB User
Post Dental fillings bite change and teeth shifting

I had 9 rear molar ill fitting white fillings done and since then my bite is much weaker, I have less of an overbite and my teeth are shifting.
I had one tooth redone a couple times after seeing 5 quack dentists that were useless. My current dentist just says things are "OK"with the bite and to let it go but what's happened is just very weird.

I feel like my teeth were replaced with smaller ones, its really strange.

Is anyone familiar with this and why it feels like I wore braces that shifted my teeth and changed bite when the fillings caused this? Or is it physically possible that teeth shaved down too much and causing the teeth not to fit together over time ruins the alignment of the teeth?Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by antoni (edited 06-21-2002).]

Old 06-21-2002, 11:03 AM   #2

Emi106 HB User
Hello, I was wondering did you have any teeth pulled in the past?
Some of my teeth shifted after having some pulled.
If it stil borthers you Find a dentists that will help you.
You're paying for the Dr to do a good job so if you're not happy, I would find one that can fix it : ) Believe me I went through Lots of them and Nothing to show for so I know how you feel!
Good luck!
Emi
Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2002, 12:00 PM   #3

antoni HB User
Thanks for responding.

I didn't have any teeth pulled since my wisdom teeth like 20 years ago. I never had a problem with my braces or my wisdom teeth being pulled from YEARS AGO.

Dentistry like so many other things in society has become dominated by fraud and con artists just out to make a buck and noone checks them or monitors what they are doing to the patient nor do they themselves care. They just want to do whatever to get the money forget about patient care and ethics.

With my teeth shifting,
I think it's almost like getting a back tooth pulled because tooth structure has been removed so there is a gap in the mouth. The side that had too much tooth structure removed is not shifting. It is the side where the teeth feel larger????!!!! And the teeth feel larger from right to left because multiple teeth were shaved and filled and the fillings never felt as large as the natural tooth structure that was there before(right side overall has less tooth structure than left side of mouth). Like I said the dentist that did it had just got his license to practice and I really believe he was a complete quack incompetent who didn't know what he was doing. He just paid his way through dental school(which is what I think is all it takes not any technical ability or skill at all). In today's day and age there are no controls or checks in dentistry at all. You are just a consumer waiting to be victimized by these quacks.

My sister had her wisdom teeth pulled but only on one side. Guess what the other side where she still left in the upper and lower molars are shifting. The wisdome teeth are pushing the other teeth forward.
I know what you mean about going to a decent dentist. It';s best if you don't have any damage done like in my case and just avoid going altogether except for cleanings and xrays every 3 years. Dentists don't like to correct other people's botched work. If it's something they do themselves, then they contact you regularly. But if it's something they feel they can't really improve they don't give you the time of day nor do they try to help.

Old 06-21-2002, 02:12 PM   #4

Emi106 HB User
I hope things will work out for you.
I have an appt with a NEW Dentist next week and I'm Hoping he's the one I can keep!
I'm runing out of Drs here.
I just want a Dr who understands where I'm coming from.
But so far with others.. $'s gone and nothing to show for.
So I pray this New Dr would be it.
Wish you luck!
Emi

Closed Thread