It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2002, 10:01 AM   #1

Emi106 HB User
Post reply to Antoni : )

Hi Antoni Thanks for the reply.
I got that molar pulled after a root canal.
I had pain so I went to this one Dr.
He told me i needed a Root canal.
I told him I spent soooo much $ over the last year I don't know if I want to do all that. But He told me I could get a crown later on so I said ok.
I got the Root canal done and 2 days later pain. so I went to my ENdo Dr who finished the work.
I guess the 1st Dr only took the nerve.
The Endo Dr said my other Dr who started the Root canal shaved down that tooth so much that Now I HAVE TO get a crown!!!
Can you believe that? After I was told Crown can be later?
Anyway after that Root canal, I was still in pain 5 days later so I went and got it pulled.
They all made me look like I'm the bad one. Telling me I need to stick with one Dr But I told em I WOULD if I can find a Good one that knows what they are doing and not after all my $.
So 2 root canals paid and nothing to show for. You said the Dr shaved down your teeth?
Does it hurt when you bite?
EMi

Old 06-23-2002, 06:32 AM   #2

antoni HB User
Hi Emi,

It sounds like the root canal wasn't done right from the beginning. I know you trusted the dentist and probably thought he could do it. If he wasn't an endo, maybe he wasn't qualified. If I was in your shoes, I would be fuming to lose a tooth over a bad root canal. I know with crowns its tricky because you get fitted with temporary crowns and alot of shaving involved. I can believe how they made it seem it was your fault, but it's not. They never seem to accept responsibility.

With my teeth being shaved down too much. It is just on the surface. He shaved down the teeth more on one side than the other so my teeth from top and bottom don't fit right together. There is not sensitivity luckily because it's not near the nerve to cause pain. It's more the shape of the teeth that was ruined. All the dentist(including my current one that I got referred to from a friend) said "let it go" stop thinking about it. But the point is my natural teeth fit perfectly together before from top to bottom, left to right. Now because they don't, my teeth hit each other wrong and that hurts. See he did nine teeth at one time and it just was tooo much. I'm angry because now I have to live with deformed teeth that don't fit right together and there's nothing anyone can do. One dentist just said well it's different from one side to another -- SO WHAT with an attitude like it was me. I mean I could get them replaced by crowns but this would involve more work(and you know what that means, if it gets botched noone can help you).

Good Luck let us know how the tooth heals. My friends that have had teeth pulled have said you get use to it and you won't even notice it in time. Also, I found my current dentist by asking friends and co-workers that were worked on by the dentist if they were good or not. So maybe you can get a good referral if you still have problems finding a good one. I got the bad dentists that just were after my $$$$ from the yellow pages. People have told me NEVER just pick one out of the yellow pages like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2002, 07:45 AM   #3

Emi106 HB User
Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping the new Dr I'm going to see is the one I will keep. Hope you feel better also.
Thanks for the good advice
Emi

Closed Thread