It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2002, 10:50 PM   #1

Chimone HB User
Question Help for Big Teeth

I have very large teeth. Is there anything cosmetic i can do to make them smaller? Shaving them down, then bonding or veneers? How much does this cost??? Help!!!

[This message has been edited by Chimone (edited 06-24-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2002, 07:32 AM   #2

antoni HB User
IT's funny about the big teeth. I had normal size teeth but my teeth now feel smaller so there is a way a cosmetic dentist could make them smaller I think. In my case they ended up smaller and I DEFINITELY DID NOT want them that way!!! But now I have to live with it.

I went to a new dentist and he had just got his license and wasn't very experienced. I had some brown spots on my teeth and he said Oh, I don't know how deep this early decay is and you don't want to go under the need( a con line). To make a long story short he saved down 9 of my rear molars and put a white filling or Bonding material on my teeth to reshape them from the original pits and fissures. I must have been out of my mind not to get a second opinion although he said it was a simple procedure and my teeth would be nice and decay free.

There was one very negative side effect the teeth on one side felt lopsided from the other side and smaller. I went to several dentists that said that's how air abrasion cuts the tooth(instead of a drill). It's not that precise and little round craters were cut out of the surface of my 9 molars. In having the procedure corrected as best as I could, my teeth feel MUCH SMALLER. I use to grind my teeth because when they were nice and FULL, but no more they are too short too grind. It is really annoying. Now the dentists just say NATURE was changed, let it go, and forget about it. BUt it's not what I wanted smaller teeth. My bite was very full and now it feels weak, if that makes sense. Check out the dentist you select carefully, but I think there definitely is a way to make teeth smaller,as in my case it happened and was definitely unwanted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread