It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2002, 09:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 10
spiritasmitzi HB User
Cool To Lalala

Lala,
I am new here, but I have spent some time following your story, and I am just in awe of whats happened with you at your age! A bit of history; i did not get all my adult teeth either, no wisdom teeth, missing the last two back bottom molars, and no eye teeth. Also the one thing my father, who left us for the bottle when I was 4 gave me was peridontel disease, where my gums receded and my teeth became very painful and weak. I also have fibromyalgia (now I am 38) and very senstive to the pain my teeth have caused. So between losing teeth because I could not afford dental work done and missing teeth to start with my front teeth started spreading apart and I had gaps on the side too and HATED to smile.. when the gap in my front got so big I could stick my pinky between, and we had dental insurance, I got partials, upper and lower. That was 5 years ago and although the partials were loose, they were working for me, until about 5 months ago. I started getting more and more dental pain, and my four remaining upper teeth just hurt, everything I ate or drank had to be room temp, etc... So.. talkign with my dentist he recomended that I get a full plate up top and a good partial for the bottom. Even with insurance about a thousand plus dollars, accept that he noticed that I was dually covered on our dental plan (both my husband and I had some dental insurance, something I was going to cancel and I am glad I did not).. because of dual coverage both my dentures would be FREE! Woohoo . So, I got a new and much better fitting bottom partial and full upper dentures! I see that we both got our teeth pulled the same day! I think that's cool! I love my new teeth, they look great, although the adjustment time is giving me pain. He had to cut my gums up to take out the four upper teeth, and I have lots of bone shards comeing out and they are not healing well. Because I am on a contract with my health insurance for 60 Vicodan a month, they won't give me any more pain meds and my extractions hurt today just as much as they did the day I got them pulled, they are not healing (part of the Fibro) and of course not, they have BONE coming out.. they said to give it two more weeks and if they are not still healed, they will go back in, cut my gums open and shave the bone.. I said "do it now" because who the heck wants to wait two more weeks?! But they wont..<sigh>..So, I am still eating soft foods, but a good things is its' not worth eating becasue it hurts, so I have lost some weight . Also the pink part of the denture is hitting my bottom teeth, and I know in time this will be all straightened out... so the good out weights the bad.. I've been drinking ICE cold water..! what a pleasure! I feel I've found a friend on this strange and new journey

Mitzi

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 06-17-2002, 06:15 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 31
lalala HB User
Post

Hey! Sorry to hear about your problems you have had... Did u find out why u never got some adult teeth? I dont really know why mine are missing, it doesnt seem like anyone in my family has any large numbers of teeth missing. Oh well...now we both have a full set of nice teeth!! We got our teeth pulled the same day? How weird! They gave me my old teeth to keep, hehe, so i could "put them under my pillow" since i never got to do that when i was younger!

Well i'm happy you love your teeth, i love mine too!! The worst is over now, i think. Yay!

Ok well, talk to you later, good luck with everything!

 
Old 06-25-2002, 03:03 PM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 9
weno HB User
Post

I wanted to thank both of you for your replies to my post earlier. Both of you were really an inspiration for this to me.

I had my work done today, four lower and four upper, all front teeth, extracted as well as a lot of gum work done.

You ain't no whimp lalala, those shots really did hurt <hehehehehe>. Anyways, its all done and I do really look better in the mirror.

Thanks again
Bill

 
Old 06-28-2002, 08:54 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 10
spiritasmitzi HB User
Cool

Hi Lalala, sorry to have posted and ran, computer motherboard blew up and we just got a computer to use. I don't know why I never had all my adult teeth, I've never really wondered before...
I too have kept all my teeth, that way I can say, "I have all my own teeth (in a bottle, in my bathroom)" LOL. Anyway, a very old woman told me that first, and so I always remembered to ask for them .

I think that the worst is over, too. Although I still have not healed from the extractions yet and it's painful to eat... but some how, it does not really bother me.

Mitzi


QUOTE]Originally posted by lalala:
Hey! Sorry to hear about your problems you have had... Did u find out why u never got some adult teeth? I dont really know why mine are missing, it doesnt seem like anyone in my family has any large numbers of teeth missing. Oh well...now we both have a full set of nice teeth!! We got our teeth pulled the same day? How weird! They gave me my old teeth to keep, hehe, so i could "put them under my pillow" since i never got to do that when i was younger!

Well i'm happy you love your teeth, i love mine too!! The worst is over now, i think. Yay!

Ok well, talk to you later, good luck with everything!
[/QUOTE]


 
Old 06-28-2002, 08:58 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 10
spiritasmitzi HB User
Post

Hi Bill..

You're welcome I am glad that you are happy looking into a mirror... How did the whole procedure go? Now it's been three days, how are you holding up? I work in a retirement home and one of the elders there that is on state assistance had his teeth pulled, but they won't make immediate dentures, so he's got to wait until his gums all heal, poor guy is so embarrased. I told him once it's over, every one will forget it ever really happened..literally, many of our residents have Alzehimers .

I am glad to hear you went through it! It gets better from here.

Mitzi


Quote:
Originally posted by wbenoist:
I wanted to thank both of you for your replies to my post earlier. Both of you were really an inspiration for this to me.

I had my work done today, four lower and four upper, all front teeth, extracted as well as a lot of gum work done.

You ain't no whimp lalala, those shots really did hurt <hehehehehe>. Anyways, its all done and I do really look better in the mirror.

Thanks again
Bill

 
Old 06-28-2002, 11:35 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 9
weno HB User
Post

Hi Mitzi,

I'm still a little sore, but I guess that should be expected huh . I do hope that my speech improves more. Right now, a lot of the words I speak seem to be slurred. I am curious, was talking more difficult for you too?

Take care,

Bill


Quote:
Originally posted by spiritasmitzi:
Hi Bill..

You're welcome I am glad that you are happy looking into a mirror... How did the whole procedure go? Now it's been three days, how are you holding up? I work in a retirement home and one of the elders there that is on state assistance had his teeth pulled, but they won't make immediate dentures, so he's got to wait until his gums all heal, poor guy is so embarrased. I told him once it's over, every one will forget it ever really happened..literally, many of our residents have Alzehimers .

I am glad to hear you went through it! It gets better from here.

Mitzi



 
Old 06-30-2002, 03:41 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 10
spiritasmitzi HB User
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by wbenoist:
Hi Mitzi,

I'm still a little sore, but I guess that should be expected huh . I do hope that my speech improves more. Right now, a lot of the words I speak seem to be slurred. I am curious, was talking more difficult for you too?

Take care,

Bill



 
Old 06-30-2002, 03:48 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 10
spiritasmitzi HB User
Wink

Bil,

Yes, speach was difficult at first and now it's getting better, but I am really working with it, with my enunciation, and with slowing down, working my tongue around to say the words right. I have to speak normal, it's important to me. I also have spent some time reading out loud, that helps me with the letters and sounds that I have had trouble with. One night, driving in the car I went through the alphabet finding which letters gave me the most trouble... s's and f's for sure.. but it is getting better. Read out loud and practice in your car .

Mitzi

Quote:
Originally posted by wbenoist:
Hi Mitzi,

I'm still a little sore, but I guess that should be expected huh . I do hope that my speech improves more. Right now, a lot of the words I speak seem to be slurred. I am curious, was talking more difficult for you too?

Take care,

Bill



 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!-What do YOU want? successtory Back Problems 9 02-14-2003 11:32 PM
Dentures......then implants? MMMarie Dental Health 11 01-15-2003 07:57 PM
I HATE MY TEETH!!! LittleFlower18 Dental Health 9 06-29-2002 07:25 PM
message for lalala kittykat46 Dental Health 4 06-17-2002 05:37 PM
Nitrous Oxide weno Dental Health 7 06-15-2002 11:33 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!