It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2002, 12:15 AM   #1

surfncrzylver HB User
Angry PLEASE help!having problems with root canal.

i had 4 root canals done on my front 4 teeth. theres two of them that are my front teeth and two to the left of them. the two on the left are giving me problems. when i floss they bleed and theres a little bit of a smell. also the floss seems to snag on the crown. what should i do? its really bothering me!!!! please respond asap. thanks

Old 06-30-2002, 01:32 PM   #2

Deb47 HB User
Talking

Dear Surfn. You need to call your dentist; get in and tell him what's going on with your teeth! You could have a gum problem; or maybe the crown isn't fitted properly. It sounds like you might be developing an infection. If your crowns are new, and they aren't fitted right, you should be able to go back and ask your dentist to remake new ones for you. I know; it isn't easy to ask your dentist to do something, when you're not paying them...but you have a strong case: SOMETHING is wrong. Why is floss snagging on your crowns, for one thing? Why are your gums bleeding? Have you been told you have a problem with your gums? You should always ask the person who cleans your teeth "how healthy do my gums look?". they can check and see if your gums have pockets forming. Make that call to your dentist, ASAP. And don't let him/her tell you you have to pay for new crowns, if the ones you have are new. That's just not right. Let us know how it all goes. The best of luck to you. Deb47

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2002, 01:49 PM   #3

surfncrzylver HB User
i dont have dental insurance anymore does that matter? will i have to pay to have it fixed? its only been like less than a year. last time i went in it was to have one of my permenent crowns put back on because it fell off.then she told me to bite down hard after she put the cement on so i did and im pretty sure my tooth cracked. she said it didnt it was just the cement but theres no way i can tell. im flat broke right now and i dont have job so what can i do?????????she said my gums looked good last time i was there but this one spot keeps bleeding. i dont know what to do. the crown feels loose too. sorry im babbling.i cant stop thinking about my teeth.i have dreams every night about my teeth falling out and every time i eat i chew my foodreally cood to make sure one of my crowns didnt fall off. these peoplereally messed me up.

Old 06-30-2002, 01:54 PM   #4
Inactive

Aster HB User
The smell is old food in there from a gum problem such as a receding or spongy gum. I have the same thing on 2 teeth.
They never bleed, though. The floss tearing is simply a rough edge on the filling or crown; sloppy dental work.
One thing that's terrific for the gum problem is essential oil of oregano, one or two drops, on your toothbrush. Daily. Most people won't buy it since it costs $28 a tiny bottle. Lasts forever; I love it.
One thing dentists will do, rarely,
is a gum flap. They make a skin graft and put it in the space where the gum is receding. I've heard it's Very painful and won't consider it. Good luck, Aster

Old 06-30-2002, 03:51 PM   #5

jjayt HB User
I agree it sounds like you cold have a crown with bad margins. You conld have an xray taken and that would show the margins. If floss is catching I would check, because that could trap food, and that could make the gums bleed. The dentist that did the original crown shold be able to take care of it since it has only been a year.

Closed Thread