It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2002, 01:20 PM   #1

Wolfwood HB User
Post Rotten tooth

okay, my case is abit screwed up. early this year, i started on this whole root canal procedure which was supposed to take 4 visits i think. i missed the last 2 and as events turned out i moved to a different country to pursue my studies. at that point of time, i just had this temporary filing in my tooth (its one of my back molars) and that's it. being the lazy procrastinating bum that i am, i didnt do anything about it till now (that's january till july). now, the filing has been totally worn out, and i have a gaping cavity in my tooth. i dont feel ANY pain at all because all the nerves were cleaned out in january. the thing is now there's this gaping cavity (half the molar) and i can see all the way to the bottom of my tooth (i think i'm seeing the base of my gums). my question is, what can be done about this? its really stressing me out because i have loads of free time now to think about it and food keeps getting stuck in the cavity. do i have to get this tooth yanked out? if so? can i replace it with anything? i really dont want to have an empty space where my tooth use to be. please advise...

Old 07-04-2002, 03:04 PM   #2

Deb47 HB User
Talking

Hi there, Wolf. If I were you, I would check around; ask friends or associates if they know of a good dentist, and make the call to get an appointment ASAP. Your tooth probably can still be repaired (I'm not a dental expert). But you won't know till you get seen....You'll probably need to have the tooth built up; then a crown put on it. If you can't afford a regular crown, get a stainless steel crown. They are considered temporary; but I've had one in my mouth for years with no problems from it. It is very bad not to get the tooth fixed. One day that tooth might break off at the gum level: what will you do then? So far you've been lucky: you haven't had pain. But there might come a day when your procrastinating will cause you a lot of pain...that'll be bad. For now, get in to a dentist ASAP. And try from now on to keep up with your dental problems: that way you'll stay ahead of the game. I've suffered so much with my teeth; and its terrible. You can't escape the pain...it follows you evrywhere you go. Let us all know how the dental visit goes, okay? Deb47

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread