It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2002, 12:15 PM   #1

Robby02NY HB User
Post Wisdom teeth removed pain!!!!!

Its been 7 days since I had surgery where they removed all 4 of my wisdom teeth. They didn't even surface or anything but my dentists told me I needed them removed before anything or else my teeth would mess up, especially since I had braces for 3 years. SO When does the pain STOP, it still hurts a little bit on my lower jaw area, where the stiches are. Is it because of the stiches or the gums healing? Thanks anyone

Old 07-01-2002, 01:06 PM   #2

Emi106 HB User
Hello, When I had my 4 Wisdoms teeth out at the oral surgeon's It took about a month for my mouth to heal.
At first I couldn't talk or open my mouth!
He had some problems pulling the lower right one so I know he had to take some bone also. The pain lasted weeks for me.
(Thank god I was knocked out for this.)
I know every one's Diff but It's going to take some time.
But when in dought call your dr.
Hope you feel better soon!
Emi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2002, 09:40 PM   #3

LibraryLynn HB User
I had two wisdom teeth pulled about a month ago, and I can feel your pain. Please don't hesitate to call your surgeon if you're still having pain. I waited, and I ended up with an abscess. If your jawline hurts or if you are swelling there instead of the swelling decreasing, call them. I had a lot of problems opening my mouth, but after a week, you should be improving. If not, CALL! I learned the hard way; the pain should decrease each day, if only a little.

Old 07-03-2002, 09:20 PM   #4

KC Lee HB User
Are you taking tylenol or another pain medication? If you aren't, start. I took tylenol for about 2-3 weeks after mine. If you are not in A LOT of pain, I'm sure it's normal. My teeth still feel kind of weird and it's been a month.

Old 07-04-2002, 09:55 PM   #5

spikee27 HB User
i had 2 out on june 24......i still have moderate pain...but it has improved greatly since 2 days ago..(two days ago i passed out in school it was so bad)...mine was a difficult extraction though...chipping and grinding of my jaw bone was involved...and NOTHING would take the pain away...

however.....when i had the first 2 out it wasn't as bad.....the pain was pretty much gone in about 8 days..

good luck!

Closed Thread