It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2002, 03:03 PM   #1

Petteri HB User
Question About cold-aching teeth

I never had problems with my teeth, there was about 10 years period of not seeing dentist when I was younger and the result was just two cavities, not more. However, one filling on my wisdom tooth caused a large piece of the tooth to fall off, which my dentist just filled up again. No pain afterwards.

I. Now few years passed and suddenly, in the middle of a cold winter I started to feel severe headache, continuing from day to day until one morning the headache was gone. But it felt like all the uncomfortness was just sucked into my wisdom tooth. The tooth started to move up and down, it was never on it's place. There was no pain, just miraculous touching ache. I went to dentist, who was experienced with dental phobic patients, and found some cavities from some other teeth, but the one that got me worried was clean, even on x-ray's. The doom was that this was not an dental problem. So I went to see my general doctor, and begged some antibiotics that helped almost immediately. The cause of this was never proofed, but it seems that I had an infection in the outer bone (fascia) of the tooth.

II. Year after the same tooth got cold (it was winter again) and the gum started to buff up slightly. Now there were a small cavity that was fixed up, without success. There is still some swelling sometimes, because of the filling that cannot be properly placed.
But the story is that now it seems that I can not eat anything cold anymore, because all my teeth start stabbing and tingeling - and not just the gum but also the tips of the teeth. The odd feeling will stop when I stay inside, out of the wind, and if I drink something warm.

III: Now there is a growing lump of bone behind the upper wisdom tooth, (the one I have been telling about). It is not a coming tooth, and there is similar, but just smaller structure on the other side.

Well, this was a long story, but weird, as I don't get much support from my dentists or doctors, so if some of you have had similar symptoms, I'd like to read about possible causes and stories.

[This message has been edited by Petteri (edited 07-06-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread