It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2002, 08:53 AM   #1

Emi106 HB User
Post Sensitive

Has anyone have sensitive teeth if so what works?
I clench at night and my bottom tooth is hitting the inner part of the front upper. Dr told me don't worry and use special toothpaste.
Anyone have this?
Emi

Old 07-09-2002, 09:03 AM   #2
Inactive

Piperdreams HB User
Hi Emi:

I was just going to post something similar. I do have very sensitive/achy teeth and I suspect that my night time bruxing could be the reason. I have been using Sensodyne for three months but it has not done anything for me. I also used a Rx sensitive toothpaste with no results. I was wondering if there is anything that the dentist can apply to the surface of the teeth, like a professional strength desensitizer, to make them less sensitive. I also have some very small dentin exposed areas on some teeth,especially on the front teeth. They probably contributing to the sensitivity some. Do you have any dentin exposed areas on yours too?

Piper

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2002, 09:11 AM   #3

Emi106 HB User
Thanks for the reply. My Dr told me he sees a spot where I banged my tooth. But he told me it's nothing big.
I went through so much over the year with my teeth that i was driving my new Dr nuts asking so many ?'s.
I'm sooo paranoid about my teeth!
I even asked if he can put a seal on it but he said that would make me hit it even more.
I just got a new filling and feels little sensitive too. I hope this is normal!
Ahhha the stress!..lol
EMi

Old 07-10-2002, 07:49 AM   #4

Subie HB User
Hi,

Yes, there is a desensitizer that the dentist can put on certain teeth. I just had it done for the first time. It's this goopy orange stuff and then it hardens and you can't eat or drink for an hour. I have sensitive teeth as well and have been through hell and back with my teeth (especially this last year) Just thought I would add my two cents.

Old 07-16-2002, 01:45 PM   #5

mikess HB User
Hello,
My teeth have been hell over the last year from stress and grinding. They hurt all the time and are driving me crazy. My dentist said he sees nothing wrong that would be causing pain, but I AM IN PAIN. My gums are receding and I do not know why.

What should I do? I am going nuts!

Old 07-16-2002, 04:20 PM   #6

Deb47 HB User
Wink

Hi there! My advice for all you who suffer from sensitive teeth: go down to your local sporting goods store: buy a rubber mouth guard. Take it home, and follow the instructions on the back, for molding it to your teeth. You have to boil it for a few seconds, then quickly put it in your mouth; bite down. It'll contour to the shape of your mouth as it cools off. This is as good a mouth guard as anything you can buy from your dentist, and it only costs around $3.00. If you wonder whether you might be grinding your teeth at night, its better to play it safe, and get one. They last ages. I just use my tooth brush and tooth paste, to scrub it daily; so it stays fresh. A person can really damage their teeth while they sleep. Have a great day! Deb47

Closed Thread