It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2002, 06:36 PM   #1
(female)

jwebb37 HB User
Post dental discount plans

Anyone ever used one of those discount plans?Are they any good?Someone was telling me you can use it with your regular dental insurance and save alot of money.

Old 07-21-2002, 09:11 PM   #2

Deb47 HB User
Unhappy

Hi there. A few years ago, I used this HMO dental insurance called National Dental(they have since gone out of business). They said they weren't really an insurance; you just get services at a discount price. I also had regular dental coverage; Delta dental. When I told Delta Dental about National Dental, it created problems for me everytime I had some dental work done. Delta Dental would refuse to pay for a procedure, telling me to have National Dental pay for it. All I was trying to do was get Delta Dental to pick up where National Dental left off. EVERYTIME I had work done on my teeth, we had to call Delta and TRY to explain to them that National Delta wasn't really a dental insurance. Then once time, I tried using National Delta for 3 crowns, and the billing lady at that dentist's office threw a fit: she said since I had Delta I shouldn't be able to get the crowns for the price National Delta allowed. I actually got into an argument with this women AFTER having had several shots of novicane in my mouth. She called me out into her office, after I received the shots. I was so upset/flustered...my mouth was all going numb. Then she kept asking me, "do you want to go through with the crowns". Stupidly I said yes. The dentist rushes in, and in around 5 minutes has the 3 teeth shaved down; all the time making comments like, "gee, I've removed about 5 pounds of silver here!". It was terrible. I realised then that it was all about money. The crowns were badly made; badly fit. I had nothing but problems with them. My dentist now has been telling me to remove them; they don't fit right. One is okay, as far as I know...Needless to say, I never went back to that dentist. I could not believe how I was treated: I had been given several shots of novicane, THEN the billing lady calling me out to argue over payment; then the dentist rushing in; working so fast. Not being careful at all. It was a very bad experience. So my advice: try not to tell your regular dental insurance you have other coverage. If I had just had Delta pay for their portion of the procedures, and not told them about National Dental, I would have been better off. Good luck...Deb47

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2002, 05:59 AM   #3

SherryElaine HB User
I bought a discount plan from J.C. Penny and went to use it and found out no dentist wound except it. There was only one dentist in my town that would take it and that was a place in the mall acording to the dental discount provider list I was given. So I went there and they told me they don't even take it. So the discount plan was worthless. I made them give me a refund for the worthless dental plan I had been paying on.....
Good Luck

------------------

Sher

Closed Thread