It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2002, 06:16 PM   #1

mrsgrippy HB User
Angry wisdom teeth that have to be pulled but not impacted - ANYBODY HAVE THAT DONE??

I have a wisdom tooth that is not impacted but part of it broke and now I have to have it pulled.

It's the lower part of my mouth and I was wondering if it will be hard to get out. I'm getting laughing gas (I hope) and I am terrified of the dentist.

Can anybody calm my fears?

Old 07-22-2002, 06:36 PM   #2
Inactive

Aster HB User
Hi-if the crack is above the gumline it'll be a joke.
I had a wisdom tooth pulled at age 28 because it kept decaying. It was fully erupted and not cracked; just a breeze. Left with cotton in the back of my mouth and no after effects whatsoever. Just think: NO DRILL.

------------------
Aster

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2002, 03:21 AM   #3

mrsgrippy HB User
half the tooth is above the gum line - I'm wondering if the dentist is going to have a hard time getting it out.

Only the one half is above the gum line.

Old 07-23-2002, 03:26 PM   #4

doe HB User
Personally, I think it will be a breeze. My daughter had 4 impacted wisdom teeth just pulled...one with a large cyst around it and she is doing great. And she has dental phobia also!!! Good Luck

Old 07-23-2002, 05:19 PM   #5

mrsgrippy HB User
I went to a regular dentist today and he told me I have to go to an oral surgeon because they have to cut the gum.

He said it should be easy to do since they came in straight and there not impacted. He just gave me 600 mg of Ibrufron and 150 mg of pencillin since I do have an infection.

That should keep me going until next week when my appt. is for the surgeon.

At least I cannot feel any pain anymore since I took the medicine about 2 hrs ago.

I'm still terrified to get them pulled - not the pulling part just I really gag when they put that gauze in my mouth and I get really scared.

Old 07-23-2002, 05:52 PM   #6

jjayt HB User
I had to have all four of my wisdom teeth extracted after they were fully errupted. I kept getting little cavities on them. I had four on one of the top ones and five on one of the bottom ones. Te Dr. said they were too far back and I was having trouble keeping them clean. SO he recommended they get extracted . I had no problems at all. Just a few shots and then it was over.

Closed Thread