It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2002, 02:07 PM   #1

*ASHLEY* HB User
Unhappy HELP! my teeth are falling apart im only 15!

Hi My name is Ashley I have a very big problem my teeth are coming apart Im only 15, And Im the only one in my family with this problem my brother and two sisters teeth are as perfect as can be what happen to mine? I noticed this around the age of 14 my teeth were as perfect as could be then changed dramatically in the following year I noticed my teeth getting yellower an yellower for some odd reason, I didnt know what to do so when my check-up came the dentist said I had very thin enamel but he didnt tell me what to do about it so I went on like it didnt matter then my teeth started to get crooked and crowd but we cant afford braces and I didnt want them unless they were the invisible kind which are probly more so I just left it then one day i noticed one of my very front teeth was loose so I kept moving it and it cracked in half and fell out! It was weird so my dentist filled it in and about a month later the fillig fell out and I didnt know what to do so I left it alone then my other front tooth it made a little circular crack and a piece fell out from the very top of the tooth I dont know what happen or what to do? will someone help me figure out whats going on? I dont want dentures at the age of 20!

Old 07-26-2002, 05:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

You may have the type of teeth that would give you problems no matter what you did. However, you may investigate whether what you are eating and drinking, may be causing you problems.

I don't know a lot about it, but I suspect that people who eat healthy, have a better chance of having good teeth. Our teeth are bone, and I would expect must require good nutrition.

I've brought this subject up before, but I don't think that this is often discussed. So, I think you may want to research it some. These type of questions, may possibly not be answered by your doctor or your dentist. Most of them are good at treatment; few understand nutrition to a large degree, particularly in the US.

If anyone knows a lot about this, I like to hear more about it too. It's an interesting subject.

Eating healthy would be to consume natural (non-processed) foods. Avoid soft drinks, sugary snacks and desserts. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables are so nutritious. I hope that helps you think of some alternatives if no-one can give you answers. Eating better certainly wouldn't hurt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2002, 01:59 PM   #3
Inactive

Megherc HB User
Yes, I agree about nutrition!!!!! Make sure you get alot of calcium!!! Calcium is so important for young bones and teeth! I had thin enamel too, but I was a milk drinker as a teen and my teeth did ok, except for some fillings. Also, extremly crowded teeth DOES lead to tooth loss, as our dentist told us when he saw my daughters' crowded lower teeth...braces are expensive, but if your parents have decent credit, they can make payments, it's worth it to save your teeth!!!! My daughter's braces are off now, they look wonderful (after being such a noticable mess) and at least she has a good chance of having them for life.

Closed Thread