It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2002, 07:31 AM   #1
(female)

Kanga HB User
Question Ouch!

On the right side of my mouth, my upper and lower molars hurt really bad when I eat something sweet and sticky and chew on it on that side. I don't know why? That's the only time it hurts. I can't find any caveties. My dentist set me up with a teeth whitening kit (with special trays and such), but I don't know if that has anything to do with it? Help me!!

------------------
~*†RaCh†*~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2002, 10:48 AM   #2
(female)

Kanga HB User
Unhappy

Someone help meeeeee

------------------
~*†RaCh†*~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2002, 01:08 PM   #3

zahnschmerzen HB User
Hi Kanga,

Could be an early indication of cavities (maybe between teeth where you can't see them). I suspect that the whitening trays could also cause some sensitivities, but it would be strange that it is only on one side. Best to get it checked out by a dentist (if it's a cavity it's best to catch it early).

Old 07-25-2002, 10:34 PM   #4
Inactive

EricaSue HB User
Kanga,

I have that problem as well. The only thing that helps is using Sensitive toothpaste. I use MentaDent for sensitive teeth. It really really helps. If I use a different brand then I get sensitive again within a few days. My cousin who is a Dental Hygenist explained it that you should use it every day because it is sort of filling in sensitive areas or nerves on your teeth. Anyways, it helps me tons, hope that helps.
Erica

Old 07-26-2002, 08:25 AM   #5
(female)

Kanga HB User
Smile

Excellent - Thank you both very much. I have a dentist appointment coming up, so hopefully everything will fix itself. I hate dental work...blahhh
I haven't been able to find a good toothpaste for sensitive teeth (I was looking around earlier) so I think I may invest in Mentadent... Thank you!!

------------------
~*†RaCh†*~

Old 07-29-2002, 03:06 PM   #6

Deb47 HB User
Talking

The best tasting sensitive toothpaste I found is Crest "Sensitivity Protection". I've used about every one on the market; but this Crest (which is new on the market) has by far the best taste; and it leaves this protective coating on my teeth; which makes them feel better..Deb47
I bought it at Wal Mart.

Closed Thread