It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2002, 05:40 AM   #1

deedee2074 HB User
Angry Wierd red "blood" spots on gums

I woke up this morning with these wierd red spots on my lower gums. I was brushing my teeth and whenever the brush passed over the area of the spots it felt raw. I took a look at my gums and found red spots that I thought were bleeding gums. When I touched the spots they were hard and bumped out over the gums. They are only on the lower gum around two teeth in the exact same position on opposite sides. (I don't know what the teeth are called.) They weren't there last night. My appt. with the dentist is not until Sept. Should I visit a walk in doc? I am not taking any meds. I brush and floss my teeth every day and I've been using Crest Whitestrips for the past week. Anybody know what this is?

Old 07-27-2002, 06:38 PM   #2

caseyg HB User
I posted a message regarding my teeth whitening nightmare... I used a much stronger product that I purchased on line. It is 17% carbamide peroxide. My gums began to have what looked like blood coming out of the side on the bottom teeth and one top teeth (mainly the ones with the most recession). Now they are no longer oozing whatever this was, the tissue just feels very raw and stings. I have been to two dentists, 2 periodontists and two doctors. I was given a mouthwash to treat any bacterial, fungal infection as well as Bendadry mixed in for allergic reaction... no kidding I had an allergic reaction. Made it much more painful. It has been three months and the tissue just seems to change, but not get any better. Sounds like yours is maybe just minor damage to your gum tissue, or you may have what happened to me which doesn't seem to heal and is very painful. Let me know what happens in your situation - as the medical profession is acting like the whitening gel could never cause this type of damage. I see a periodontist on Tuesday (he's been rather a jerk) and am hoping he will just do gum grafting so that I don't have to continue with this pain and suffering.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2002, 10:17 AM   #3

deedee2074 HB User
Well, they haven't gone away. I stopped using Crest White Strips and I've just been brushing my teeth with baking soda, no peroxide. They just get really red and irritated everytime I brush and they feel funny, kind of loose in my mouth. It spread a little bit to some other parts of the gum, and my gums burn alot when I use toothpaste, like how it feels when you burn the inside of your mouth from hot food. My regular dentist won't see me until September. Should I go to an emergency clinic or something? It is only a few days before my period, and typically, my gums swell and get sore before my period, so this might be affecting me too. Argh. Your ordeal sounds harrowing! I wish you lots of luck.

Closed Thread