It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2002, 01:13 PM   #1

wisdom HB User
Post Finally a Happy Ending! :)

Hi Everyone,

I have read here in the past about how you never really see any posts about positive experiences, probably because when things go well, there is no reason to share about it. Well, I have decided to share with you all that my tooth is FINALLY, after 8 months, just about back to normal! I had my root canal done, and my permenant crown put on, and I can actually chew on the left side of my mouth again! I never knew how good it would feel.

We dont realize how much we take our teeth for granted until somthing like this happens and we are forced to go to the dentist. In which case, we sometimes find out just how good (or bad) our dentists really are.

I want you to know that it does get better and you just have to hang in there and keep on them about whatever it is thats bothering you. Even if that means changing dentists, or in a new thread I just read, forcing yourself into the office to get rechecked because they cant see you for days! Stay on top of it and never settle for less than you deserve! We all deserve to have good PAINLESS teeth! I used to be terrified of the dentist, and after the last almost 9 months of going through procedures I had never gone through before and being afraid, I feel much more relaxed about going. And can you believe I almost accepted that I would never have relief?

I see happy endings for everyone on this board. And I am thankful for this board and to all of you for sharing your stories...good or bad because I knew that I wasnt alone. In daily life, it sometimes feels like you are the only one suffering, but here, you know you arent. And you are learing and sharing and getting good advice from others that have been through similiar or the same things.

So thank you to you all. I appreciate you. And good luck in the future. Know that your day will too come!

-Wisdom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2002, 03:28 PM   #2

Jim HB User
Hi;
I know everyone is not the same, but my experiance with a root canal the tooth was not as strong as it was when it was alive, you might want to not give it a lot of stress, mine broke off after a year of so.

Old 07-31-2002, 06:01 PM   #3

wisdom HB User
Did you have a crown put on, or were they able to save your tooth? I know that sometimes a crowm will fall out, or crack and break, but I plan to be careful.

Thanks for the advice.

-Wisdom

Closed Thread