It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2002, 08:38 PM   #1

IleneK HB User
Post iv conscious sediation

I was hoping to be able to get some
information.

I have a rare connective tissue disease called Ehlers-Danlos
Syndrome (type III, or as they called it now, Hypermobility type).
Because I have this type of EDS, a lot of times local anesthesia will not work on me. (That is how I became very phobic. Dentists will tell me I don't feel pain I
feel pressure. I think we all know the difference between pressure and pain.) So because of it I stopped going.

I did find a dentist who worked with me very nicely but he retired. I am now with a new dentist who knows all about EDS and does iv conscious sedation.

I would like to get other people's comments about it as I am very nervous. In fact I am terrified.

Sorry this post is so long. I kept hesistating sending this because of the length.

Thank you for reading this.

------------------
Ilene
You have one life to live, live it to the fullness.

Old 07-31-2002, 05:32 AM   #2

Sandrauk HB User
Hi ya

I will be having that IV sedation sometime in september. If you look for my post called IV SEDATION you will find loads of information about it. I have never had it before and I have a phobia of detist I need to have 5 teeth removed due to my phobia of dentist this will all be done under IV sedation. Apparently you will not feel a thing once the IV kicks in and it also caurses memory loss so you will not remember a thing the next thing you will know is that you will be on your way home in no time. You have to have someone go to the dentist with you they will have to sign to say that they will look after you after your treatment. GOODLUCK.
Kindest Regards
Sandra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2002, 06:19 PM   #3

Clarita HB User
Smile

I had the IV when they did my implant on a back molar,(a little over a year ago) it was the most rested I've felt in YEARS. Sit back, relax and dare I say it enjoy :-) Trust me I know about anxiety they give me the gas and valium just for a cleaning, as I've had severe panic attacks for years.

I made my self NUTS(and husband) over the whole implant thing, and as soon as the needle was in...... I was at peace :-)

It will be fine - just talk to your dentist about your angst and you'll get through it.

Clarita

Closed Thread