It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2002, 08:44 PM   #1

weno HB User
Post After the teeth are pulled

On Monday, I will be going to the dentist to have nine teeth extracted (four front upper and four front lower - as well as one in the back. At that time, they will also give me an interim partial to wear.

For those of you who have had this done, was it hard to look in the mirror the first time and no longer see teeth? I am so depressed and so scared about this......Granted, my teeth are bad - but I am really having trouble thinking what it will be like not to have them

Thank you

Old 06-19-2002, 10:37 PM   #2

Fortysixus HB User
Exclamation

It is hard to look. I've only looked once. I would wait until the stitches are out, and you have healed up a bit. You'll slowly become accustomed to it. The first week hasn't been pleasant for me, but things are looking up. Anyway, thats my advice to you. Peace and Love

Latro

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2002, 08:04 PM   #3

lalala HB User
Arrow

I got all my teeth extracted except for two, and now i have dentures. I didnt even want to look at first, and i didnt for the whole first day because i was scared. The next day, i had to take them out, and i guess i was curious to look so i did. It was weird. Also, it was not too pretty, so i tried not to look at it so much for a few days.

Its weird but theres nothing you can do about it, and you will most likely get used to it soon. I have had my teeth extracted for about 3 weeks, and now its really normal to look at. Just think of how nice your new teeth will be!!!! I hope all goes well, really!!

Old 06-20-2002, 08:10 PM   #4

poodles HB User
As you can see by my new post, I am also very new at this. I am having a very tough time healing and my gums are still black and blue. At least the swelling in my face went down finally. I had mine done last week. It does seem strange to look in the mirror, but right now is not a good example, for I am still healing. My dentist said my gums were "pretty beat up" right now.

Old 08-06-2002, 04:16 PM   #5

Sunshine Sue HB User
I am so tired of dental pain from my teeth--am deciding to have the 6 I have left pulled out soon. My husband is mortified at the thought of a wife who looks like grandma Moses--can I leave them in at night so he won't see bare gumbs? I am 50 but I don't want my husband to get sick looking at my gumbs

Old 08-06-2002, 08:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
HI Sue, Yes you can leave them in all the time. My mother has had full dentures for 38 years. My father has NEVER seen her without her dentures. She's even had surgery several times and if you request that your teeth be put in before anyone see's you, they'll honor your request. Well, at least they have for her.

Closed Thread