It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2002, 07:22 AM   #1

double0bondo HB User
Question lump still there?!?!

ok, here is my problem, about a month and a half ago, i broke one of my bottom right molars, it was fine for a few days, then it got infected and swelled to a walnut size lump, i went to the er and they gave me anti's and pain meds, i took the antis 10 days, finally, on the 9th day of anti's, the swelling JUST started to go down, sometime in that 9 days, i went to see my dentist, and he said i should have the tooth pulled, but he could NOT do it while the bump was there, he said he would likely spread the infection, he told me to come back when the lump was completely gone, so, about 3 weeks after i had stopped the antis, i was considering calling him to set-up for another appointment to discuss the date of extraction, the reason i waited three weeks was because the lump wasnt compltly gone?? there was no pain, but there was a tiny lump like where the big lump had shrunk down to, so i waited to see if it would clear up, anyway, on that 3rd week, it got re-infected, same size(walnut) all over again, except this time the pain and lump lasted only 2.5 days, and i wasnt on any anti, nor did i go to the er again, but, it swelled up so bad so fast, that it acually poped...yuck!!!, so, after it popped, the pain was gone, and i was saying to myself, never again, i will have it taken out at once, now, there is STILL a tiny lump just underneth and to the side of the culpret tooth, and today, its starting ALL OVER AGAIN!!!, my question is, after a BAD abcess like this, why is there still a small lump, is it like "scar tissue" and secondly, when can he pull it??? he said he cant if there is any lump at all?? what should i do??? this is unbearable??? could it be cancer? ive done some research on mouth cancer, and cancer of the mouth seems to be affecting the visible "tissue" of the mouth, my lump seems to be underneth the tissue?? any ideas? im not a big fan of cancer, for lack of better terms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2002, 08:59 PM   #2

lorrib HB User
See an oral surgeon He can pull it. if you let it go it will come back, They specialize in this stuff. I know I work for one

Closed Thread