It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2002, 10:34 AM   #1

IleneK HB User
Talking iv sedation

Hi All,

On Aug. 7th I had my appointment with my dentist using iv sedation. I would definitely recommend it. It was like I blinked my eyes, and it was over.

My new denture (upper) is made very different. I have never seen one like it before. My dentist told me because I have Elhers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), my palate is what they call a vaulted palate which
means it comes to a point. (I always thought I was wiered, lol). The denture is made out of metal mesh and does not cover my palate at all. It is quite comfortable.
My dentist also told me he never saw anyone heal so fast. With EDS you usually don't. I'm so glad I found this dentist.

I do have a question. After his name he has naturally dds, but he also has faahd. Does anyone know what faahd stands for?

In conclusion, iv sedation is the best.

------------------
Ilene
You have one life to live, live it to the fullness.

Old 08-17-2002, 12:47 PM   #2

BetaChiAngel HB User
Hi IleneK,
I'm glad to hear your procedure went well! I have one question- did you experience any after effects from the sedation? (nausea, vomiting, lightheadedness, fainting?) I have several teeth that need to be extracted and I just want to get it over with, but I'm afraid of any side effects.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2002, 01:29 PM   #3

Flowerduet HB User
My 9 yr old daughter would agree with the use of being asleep when having dental work done, however my insurance company wont. In her case they paid for it when she was 7 and needed 3 teeth pulled but now that she is 8 and only needs 1 pulled its a no go!!!

Old 08-17-2002, 02:22 PM   #4

IleneK HB User
I am glad to say there were no side affects. I just slept a lot that day.

------------------
Ilene

Old 08-17-2002, 02:32 PM   #5

IleneK HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by BetaChiAngel:
Hi IleneK,
I'm glad to hear your procedure went well! I have one question- did you experience any after effects from the sedation? (nausea, vomiting, lightheadedness, fainting?) I have several teeth that need to be extracted and I just want to get it over with, but I'm afraid of any side effects.
I am very glad to say I had no side affects. I just slept a lot that day.

------------------
Ilene

Old 08-17-2002, 06:16 PM   #6

BetaChiAngel HB User
Wink

Thanks alot Ilene! I feel much better

Old 08-19-2002, 04:57 AM   #7

Sandrauk HB User
Thumbs up

Hello IleneK
I have just filled my medical form out to get my IV sedation. I have not had an appointment as of yet but I have asked for one any time after August. I will be having 5 teeth removed some surgically removed. I hope I have a good experience as you and just feel like ive been to sleep. I will be posting on this bored once I have my appointment sorted out. I cant wait to just get it all over and done with then I will be able to live my life to the fullest.
Your post as made me feel much more positive

Kindest Regards
Sandra

Old 08-19-2002, 12:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
hi could you please share what it felt like as you were getting the iv sedation please, l am terrified even off that l dont wanna feel all panicy, l need to know what to expect thanx

Old 08-19-2002, 02:31 PM   #9

IleneK HB User
You don't feel anything when you fall asleep. I don't even remember falling asleep. I remember opening my eyes and it was over.

------------------
Ilene

Old 08-21-2002, 08:00 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

sorry wot l meant was how do you feel as they put it in???? does it make you feel strange? is it that quick you dont notice anything happening with the iv?? thanx

Old 08-21-2002, 05:52 PM   #11

IleneK HB User
Nicy,

You might feel a little sting where they put the needle in. But you won't fall asleep until they start the iv. You don't feel funny or dizzy or unusual, etc. You just fall asleep. You don't even realize it until you wake up, that you were sleeping. By then, the treatment is finished. In other words, you don't feel yourself falling asleep. I hope this explanation helps. I don't know how else to explained it. It is quite pleasant because you don't have any before, during or after side affects.

------------------
Ilene

Old 08-22-2002, 04:45 AM   #12

Sandrauk HB User
Thumbs up

HI ya IleneK
Your last post as made me feel better than ever before. I kept thinking what if makes ya go all funny just before you go under but im well pleased that it just makes you fall to sleep I understand what your saying
Thanx for leting us know how your IV sedation went. I got an appointment this morning for my IV sedation its for the 30th of September at 1.30pm I cant wait to get it over and done with. Well done for been so brave IleneK you have made a lot of people on here feel more positive about geting there work done.

Kindest Regards
Sandra

Old 08-23-2002, 04:42 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanx you ilenek http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif your really helping me, ready for the day when l cant put it off any longer thanx from the bottom of my heart http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 08-23-2002, 05:18 PM   #14

IleneK HB User
To all,

I'm so glad I could be of help. I, too, was in a state of panic because I didn't know what to expect. But now I am not afraid of iv sedation. If I can put anyone else at ease, please feel free to let me know. This is one of the best message boards I have been on, and I will be staying on. I have also had alot of questions answered by people on this board which has really helped me.

------------------
Ilene

Closed Thread