It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2002, 12:45 PM   #1

DeeJay HB User
Question Need advice about Wisdom teeth please read

If you experience pain from Wisdom teeth does it mean that they need to be taken out. Sometimes they hurt for a bit then they will not stir for months on end. I certainly do not want to have them out. Teeth hurt when they are even growing normally right? I have heard about them becoming impacted and surgery Does some pain mean bad news or is it normal whilst they grow.
PS I'm male and 24 years old

Owen

Old 08-27-2002, 06:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

Each person is different, but for me I just tolerated the mild discomfort of wisdom teeth when they came in. That was about 30 years ago, and I still have them.

I don't think it's necessary to have the wisdom teeth out, unless there's a good reason. Other people will argue that they should just come out, just to get it over with - so that potential problems won't develop later on. On the otherhand, I've heard that some people have had problems with TMJ after having their wisdom teeth out. I don't know if that can actually happen, but that's just what I've read on this site.

So, in summary I think if "it ain't broke, don't fix it"....just my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2002, 07:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Smile

Also I should add, if the wisdom teeth are particularly troublesome, a dental professional probably would be the best person to help you. I hope I helped answer your question...in that you can have some mild discomfort at first and the wisdom teeth will be fine.

Each person is different, so it's hard to say. What applies to one person may be different to the next.

Old 08-28-2002, 06:47 AM   #4

DeeJay HB User
Smile

Cheers Rhody that does help thanks
Though what is TMJ????

Old 08-28-2002, 03:30 PM   #5

lorrib HB User
Usually they have to come out the flare ups will get worse and they will probably become infected at some point. It is much easier to have them out now than as an adult. The longer they are in there( usually ) the harder they are to get out.

Old 08-28-2002, 06:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Smile

TMJ is when you have trouble with the jaw joint. For some people, it is an annoyance. For other people, it is their worse nightmare - a horrifying experience.

You can read about people's description of it on this healthboard site. Also, you can find it on the internet, like what is described here:
[url="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/temporomandibularjointdysfunction.html"]http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/temporomandibularjointdysfunction.html[/url]

Closed Thread