It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2002, 07:10 PM   #1

antoni HB User
Post Extensive Dental Work and Facial Changes

Hi,

I was wonderring if anyone has experienced permanent facial changes from any dental work they had done.

I experienced the lower portion of my face looking much thinner around the chin(even though I never lost weight) after having 9 ill fitting fillings put in. The teeth were shaved "too round and short". My jaw was off for the longest time(and probably still is) trying to support itself on the mishapen teeth. Now I have a sunken in look which was never there before. I have mentioned this but some people say there's no way fillings could cause such extreme changes. BUt I don't know. There's so much the dentists don't want us to know about espescially when they create a bad bite and don't know how to fix it.

Old 08-26-2002, 08:44 PM   #2

tdx123 HB User

I agree with you saying that dentists aren't always sure of what they're doing or aren't prepared for unexpected changes. I had braces put on when I was about 10 years old. My teeth moved extremely fast, allowing me to not require headgear. By the time my braces came off, however, puberty was in full swing and my face was undergoing several changes. My mandible lengthened dramatically, giving me a sarah jessica parker "long face," and my right mandible grew slightly longer than my left one, causing my jaws to have an uneven appearance. I'm convinced that my orthodontist could have lessened these changes had he planned enough and noticed the changes as they occurred. But oh well, atleast my teeth came out straight, lol!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2002, 08:05 PM   #3

YesterdaysChild HB User
I've never heard that fillings can do that, only if you have some teeth removed you can get that sunken look or caved in face.

Closed Thread