It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2002, 09:08 AM   #1

SherryElaine HB User
Post to fallllea

Was that a dentist DDS or a medical doctor MD that found you had osteomylities? I want to get tested but not sure who I go to. I have jaw bone pain from a problem root canaled tooth. Thanks.

------------------

Sher

Old 08-21-2002, 06:47 AM   #2

SherryElaine HB User
Still waiting for reply...

------------------

Sher

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2002, 08:02 PM   #3

lorrib HB User
See an oral surgeon

Old 08-22-2002, 04:09 PM   #4

SherryElaine HB User
lorrib... I went to an oral surgeon to get a root canacled tooth pulled and to be checked for osteomylitis cause it has been root canaled 3 times in the last 18 months and I still have jaw pain achey like feeling under the tooth and will not go away. Any way he looked at me like I was crazy and took xray said he sees nothing and said go to a dentist and have it pulled.

------------------

Sher

Old 08-23-2002, 09:44 PM   #5

fallllea HB User
Ok guys-Here is the big problem!!!I saw at least 20 plus dentists and oral surgeons and none of them found it.They all thought I was just wanting drugs.They were happy to charge me and do all kind of dental work,root-canals ,pulling,etcThey even put me on their local network as drug seeking.They were all wrong.Osteomylitis does NOT show up on dental x-rays.When my MD saw my gumless,open ,bleeding,bones he immed sent me to infect-disease,MD and ordered nuke-scan.IT LIT UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE!!! They immed threw me is hospital and removed Jaw.I was literally inches from death.If you suspect this go to MD and DEMAND this scan.It could save your life .Best to all,Randy

Old 08-27-2002, 06:30 PM   #6

lorrib HB User
I just can't believe an oral surgeon wouldn't recognize this. It makes me realize the guy I work for is really good. He would have picked this up from the beginning. Thats why it was my first thought when i read her post. This can be a serious problem.

Old 08-27-2002, 06:36 PM   #7

lorrib HB User
sherryelaine root canal teeth can be problematic. You could need an apico or it could be cracked and may need pulled. Have you seen an endodontist they are pretty good at diagnoing these kind of problems. I don't thing it is osteomylitis

Old 08-28-2002, 11:34 PM   #8

fallllea HB User
lorrib-I went to 3 oral surgeon groups in the knoxville area and none of them caught it!!!!!My MD finally ordered nuke scan and it showed.The oral surgeon STILL did not believe it and ordered another one.This time I didn't even leave as outpatient.I was thrown immediately into hospital.I had surgery the next morning and the oral brought the scan in to show me how much bone would be removed.I don't think these guys are dummies,they just didn't see it on x-ray and 1 group I saw was the teaching group at the University of Tennessee.Anyway ,the infectious disease team was brought in and my room looked like a movie set.After surgery I found out I only had 1/2 of my lower jaw removed(teeth included ) and 1/4 of my upper.I was lucky.I was on home IV for about 6 weeks and had a few in- office touch-ups.I could have lost my whole jaw.Now after many years, I get to spend 30,000 for 11 implants and the rebuilding of my jaw.Fun,fun,fun -but at least I will be able to chew again and maybe people will stop asking if I am Peter Weller.Best of everything to you and yours and I still have Lot's to say which I don't think this board is ready for.Plus I tip slow.Randy I'm sorry -type slow.

Old 08-31-2002, 09:02 AM   #9

SherryElaine HB User
lorrib, yes I saw endodontist also. Have 2 rrot canals from regular dentist and he said the end of tooth was calsified and could not get all the way thru it but that should not cause my pain so went to endodontist and she did a 3rd root canal and medicated it couple of times and it never got better then she recomended a apico so she finished up root canal and said come back for apico so I did when I went in for apico she changed her mind and said it was too dangerous beacuse of bundleod nerves in that area #29. So then she recomended intention replantation where she would remove tooth and do toot canal from bottom end and replace tooth and then it may last 2 years. I thought about it then decided not to do it. Oh yes for got to say she never saw any cracks on inside when she looked in miroscope but still it was blocked some what cause it was calsified. So last week I had it pulled cause they all said it probably cracked on out side under gum but when he pulled it he saw no craks so don't know what was wrong with it. Unless it being calsified at root tip and not being able to do root canal all the way thru was problem but they told me that should not afect it????????

------------------

Sher

Closed Thread