It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
(female)

Malibumakeup HB User
do "flippers" feel/look natural? please help!

Hi,

I'm a 19 year old makeup artist living in LA. I've been told I have to get an implant on one of my front teeth because of a car accident a couple years ago. My teeth look fine now, but I guess after the extraction I have to wear a temporary fake tooth for a few months. this is the part I'm scared about. Does it look natural? can you speak normally with it? Can you eat? there's no way I'm going to pop out my front tooth to eat in front of people. i'm concerned b/c its my front ooth. someone please help me! tell me what it was like for them. I hate to day it but appearences are very important in my business and I don't want to look like I'm wearing dentures!

Thanks!

veronica

Old 11-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Dendeb HB User
Re: do "flippers" feel/look natural? please help!

I had a flipper for about a month while I was waiting for my partial to be made. It was for one tooth, #7, just right of center on the top. I had several other teeth missing but only the front tooth was noticeable, so the flipper was for cosmetic reasons only.

It 'suctioned' to the roof of my mouth...it didnot come out when I coughed or sneezed, though I did remove it (inconspicuously) when I ate and at night while sleeping.

I felt like I talked a little different at times....kinda like I had a wad of
gum in the roof of my mouth. That happened mainly when I tried to talk too fast, which does happen at times for me. :-)

I think flippers are a wonderful thing!!!! There is no way I would have gone out in public with a gap where a front tooth should be. AND, it was only for a short time...well worth any inconvenience in my opinion.

Best wishes,
~Debbie~

edited to add...my 19 year old daughter (who can be quite critical) as well as other family members and friends were unable to tell which tooth was the fake one attached to the flipper. My dentist did an excellent job!

Last edited by Dendeb; 11-09-2005 at 02:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread