It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
(male)

Mikeee HB User
Can I whiten bonded teeth?

New here, so Hello everyone!

Im wondering if I can whiten my teeth. The front 6 teeth have been bonded. I would say about 40% of each tooth is bonded. They look ok but theyre not WHITE WHITE. Is its possible to whiten my teeth and the bond? If not what would be a solution to get whiter teeth?

Thanks for any input

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2005, 07:47 PM   #2
(female)

princesmom HB User
Re: Can I whiten bonded teeth?

After my teeth were shaved down for veneers, bonding material was put on them to lessen the pain temporarily til the veneers were put on. It stained rather quickly because I drink tea. I asked about that and was told that bonding resin stains easily and no it can't be whitened.

As for VENEERS......anyone here thinking about it.....DON'T. After you get them on front teeth, you are then told what you cannot do with them or they will come off. I had 6 upper ones. One came off in 9 months. You cannot bite into anything like an apple or corn on the cob or chewy bread, pizza, etc.......anything that would require some pulling by you to get part of the food into your mouth.

You need patience of a saint to sit in the chair for hours....4-5 hrs at a time for this process with plenty of needles to keep you numb for the work.

Your real tooth is completely ruined to put a veneer on it, so there is no reversing your decision if you don't like them.

Mine were on 1 year. Now I have a denture of gorgeous teeth instead and can eat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread