It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2002, 11:59 AM   #1

BlessingsGalore HB User
Post Do your own dental work.....:)

I'm not kidding. I have learned to tweat many things in my mouth.

They THINK because stuff LOOKS GOOD...LOOKS LIKE IT FITS, LOOKS COMFORTABLE, that it is...NOT !!!

For small jobs like bite...something that's off a little...DO THIS....just like they do.

Take a piece of carbon paper....cut it into strips....put it in your mouth on the affected area and chomp, chomp down. Look with a mirror and use a fingernail file to file area down.

If you have a partial plate like I do....it's reall simple...chomp chomp on carbon paper and take the plate out...it shows you exactly where the problem area is. I have used a small kitchen knife to dig out a small area....and a fingernail file to file off a place. HEY....if this sounds wierd....believe me...it's exactly what they do to get it right.

Just gooooooooo slow and use a steady SLOW hand and you can fix a HOST of problems without going back to the ATTITUDE of the dentist.

I hate that it has come to this in the DENTAL WORLD, but they will take your money and run in a heart beat...bad attitudes are rampant in the dental industry. Don't know if it's ego, lack of expertise, OR MONEY....but it's gotten bad and I have suffered much mental and emotional damage from it.....almost enough to SUE.

Hope this helps someone. This is best used on partials or dentures that you can take out. It's harder for fixed teeth, especially on the back, but it can be done with a small mirror and a few small tools. Normally it's just a LITTLE OFF and it's amazing how A LITTLE can make such a HUGE BITE difference.

Doing it myself now, BLessed

------------------
Blessed <><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2002, 08:24 AM   #2

antoni HB User
Hi BLessings,

I can really relate to what you are saying about the bite.

I had 9 teeth mutililated unnecessarily through air abrasion which doesn't cut the teeth right and puts a plastice "coating" on the teeth which they call "fillings" and charge major dental work prices for.
It is supposedly "PREVENTATIVE", but it doesn't make sense because nothing is better that natural enamel and the plastic they put on wears off. WHoever legalized this air abrasion machine is guilty of QUACKERY and they know it!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how many times I've had that blue paper stuck between my teeth with the dentist saying "tap, tap, tap", and it was off in every case. THen they get nasty when you tell them it's still not right and they treat you like you are crazy and can't wait to see you out of their office.

Although I am not at the point of getting dentures or partials, after seeing like 7 dentists and 3 prosthodontists who tried to adjust my bite in vain, I am thoroughly disgusted. I could have done a better job myself trying to adjust my bite(9 teeth being off gives many areas where the bite would be "off"). I am sure the dentist that did this procedure and other dentists that ruin a person's bite know exactly what they are doing -- all they see is $$$$$$ on each tooth they can work on unnecessarily.

I suffer from TMJD, creaking joints, neck pain and "an empty feeling" in the back where all my teeth were shaved down. I had a final total bite adjustment where they shaved 9 teeth, fillings and enamel -- YUCK, and my teeth still feel to short. But at this point, I just get treated like I am crazy if I dare complain so there is no point. I am in the process of filing a complaint with a state dental board, but am concerned that this won't do any good as the X-rays from another dentist are not clear(his machine wasn't working properly) that were taken before the procedure(it would show it was unnecessary).

I swear each dentist messes up more than the one before so you deal with a bunch of greedy, incompetents that cover for each other.

Old 10-28-2002, 06:23 PM   #3

SherryElaine HB User
Hi Antoni.... I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were doing. AMEN to your statement above. Because of the 2 dentist and 1 endodontist and 1 oral surgeon I saw in the past 2 years and all the work I was talked into to save one tooth which I wound up having extracted anyway has cost me dearly in money and pain. Since the extraction I have had a bone scan and blood test and tomorrow a MRI because of jaw pain I still have I may have a bone infection from all the dental work they did.

------------------

Sher

Old 10-29-2002, 07:45 AM   #4

Subie HB User
Hi Sher,

I've been reading your posts and pray that you don't have a bone infection. I had a tooth extracted after having a root canal gone bad and infections, etc and it took a while for the jaw bone to not hurt. It seems as though my problems are never ending. I still have to get an implant for my missing tooth and that scares the heck out of me. What if that goes wrong too. Have you ever thought of getting dentures? I seriously think about it all the time....why go through this pain and for me it's one root canal after another....ugh. I get so down sometimes. Last Sunday a piece of my filling broke off and my dentist had just refilled that tooth...I should never have let him touch that tooth, but I like to try and trust me dentist.....I just can't win. Okay, enough about me. I truely hope you are okay and that your pain subsides very, very soon!
Take care,
Subie

Old 10-29-2002, 08:35 AM   #5

antoni HB User
Good Luck Cherie Elaine,

There's another post I came across about osteomylitis(infection of the bone). It could be in the jaw or wherever work was done from a broken bone. SOmeone went in to get a veneer and it turned into root canal but didn't stop hurting and it was osteomylitis.

I'm really glad this message board is available because people don't know how damaging bad dental work can be.

Here's another tale of how a minor thing can turn into a nightmare:
My sister wanted her teeth bleached but in order for her to get the bleaching done, she needed to have a cap replaced on her front tooth(so the colors would be the same). THe new cap didn't fit properly and her natural tooth was drilled and drilled down to a microstump. It was replaced with a second cap and that didn't fit right either(the cap in the front conflicted with a crown in the back and the bite was messed up). Then like 3 months later she is in pain in the capped tooth and guess what -- INFECTION -- root canal done immediately. THis all started with bleaching mind you. SHe claims the dentist infected her when she was replacing the cap and it didn't go right.

In my situation, I got help from a consumer fraud group because it can cause negative long term health effects to shave teeth down unnecessarily(as in my case). SInce dentists aren't making enough money with patients with legitimate dental problems, they are now victimizing healthy teeth.

I haven't seen any dentists prosthodontists in a while and the bite is still off. I get alot of neck pain and I just try to sleep on my back because moving left to right the teeth don't fit right -- but the dentists can't see it so I've given up. But believe me, I will avoid root canal at all costs down the road any and all dental. Maybe the best route is just to get teeth pulled like in the old days(at least then you wouldn't get repeatedly ripped off by dentists).

Good luck and i hope it's not bone infection.

Old 10-30-2002, 05:00 PM   #6

SherryElaine HB User
Subie or susie can't rememebr your name now. haha I also had been thinking of a implant for my missing tooth but I am afraid that will cause infection and more trouble. I want this jaw pain to go away before I do anything else. Afraid of a bridge also cause they have to tear down 2 good teeth to do that and that could cause more root canals. So I don't know what to do at this time. I agree with Antoni maybe we should pull all until they are gone like our grandparents did. I don't remember any of them complaining about pain and they all have dentures. They never got root canals or any kind of dental work except extractions when a tooth flared up. I am like you too Antoni about the sleeping. I have to sleep on my back and let my mouth relax open. Very iratating.. Good Luck to both of you..

------------------

Sher

Closed Thread