It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2002, 10:35 AM   #1
Veteran

Angelene HB User
Unhappy Black discoloration along gumline

Hi all--

I don't know what this is, and I'm wondering if it is tooth decay or some form of disease. Along the inside gumline of my back molars, my teeth are seriously discolored --they are black. But only above the gumline, in a line. I looked around with one of those small dental mirrors, and found that it's also happening along the gumline of the molars on the top teeth, on both sides of my mouth. The gums around these teeth are sensitive and bleed when I poke around.

I brush with an electric toothbrush 2 times a day, and I floss regularly. I've always had what my dentist calls "soft teeth" and am really prone to cavities. The teeth that are discolored are practically all aluminum (?) fillings.

There isn't any pain in these teeth at all, except for around the gum where it's sore.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before? Im scared I'm going to lose my teeth! I'm going to call my dentist tomorrow first thing, but I wanted to know if anyone had ever had anything like this before. Thanks!

------------------
"Never give up, never surrender!"

Old 10-30-2002, 07:26 PM   #2
Veteran

Angelene HB User
Smile

I did see my dentist, just yesterday, actually. I showed him what was going on, and he said he wants me to come in again for a good cleaning, and see if he can get the staining off. He says that it's nothing as well. I'll ask him about what you just said, perhaps its something that can be ruled out.

------------------
"Never give up, never surrender!"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread