It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2002, 07:51 AM   #1

Rebeccalynn HB User
Unhappy constant pain 3 weeks after partial root canal

I had a partial root canal done three weeks ago and i am still experiencing a lot of pain with the tooth and jaw pain. I have been on pain medication that takes the edge off and the soonest they can get me in to finish the root canal is in March. My regular dentist wants me to come in today to see him and i don't know what to expect any suggestions out there
PLEASE!! thanks

Old 12-30-2002, 07:46 PM   #2

simmie HB User
Exclamation

I'm not sure what you mean by a "partial" root canal-- did the dentist or endo finish removing all the nerve (in theory or reality)? Also, it sounds odd that they can't fit you in (as an emergency) until March. At my endo, any severe pain after a RCT is treated as an emergency; they will fit you in right away. In any case, if they can't get you in for several months, I'd look for another dentist to finish the work or at least examine you to make sure that you've not got an infected tooth at this point. That could be very dangerous. Hang in there and keep trying to get an appointment somewhere. It just stinks that you are in pain and they won't do anything to help.

Good luck!
Sim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2002, 04:22 PM   #3

pinkcat HB User
they didn't finish the root canal. when i had root canals it usually took 2 appts. to finish. waiting all this time in pain is unreasonable. you have to get to an office to finish the procedure. they never made me wait month after month to finish up the treatment. that's not typical and i hope you can find someone that addresses your pain and finishes up the procedure for you. best wishes. pinkcat

Closed Thread