It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 05:15 AM   #1
(female)

ladida HB User
stitches-dry socket-wisdom teeth

if u have stiches after the wisdom teeth extraction is it still posssible 2get a dry socket?

Old 11-18-2005, 05:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: stitches-dry socket-wisdom teeth

Yes. Stitches dissolve by them selves. Dry sockets hurt. Have dentist repack everyday. that helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2005, 10:13 PM   #3
(female)

susara HB User

hi there. i had stitches with getting my wisdom teeth out. i was wondering, does it hurt you to open your mouth more than an inch b/c of your stitches? maybe it's just the position that mine are in, but it's excruciating when i try to open my mouth, even to get a toothbrush to the back of my teeth. and does anyone know how long these take to disolve? how long do you think i will have to be this way?

i think my sockets are okay. do you think your pain could be your stitches? from what i have heard dry sockets are excruciating all the time, until you get them packed.

Old 11-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #4
(female)

daffy93 HB User
dry socket-wisdom teeth

Hello,

I had my 4 wisdom teeth out two weeks ago. It had been hurting off and on since the surgery. Doctor had pack my teeth 3 times now. I think I had a dry socket.

Now, it has been hurting and seeing some blood inside the hole. My left side hasn't been hurting, but my right side had been. I don't know if that is a bad sign to see the blood inside.

Doctor told me that it is healing little since two weeks ago. I am still eating soft foods since it is kinda hard to eat hard foods.

I hope I don't get infection in my teeth since has been hurting and seeing some blood.
daffy

Old 11-20-2005, 11:01 PM   #5
(female)

susara HB User

wow daffy, you sound like you've been having a really rough time there. it has only been a week for me, but i am still having to eat soft foods too.(like stuff you don't have to chew.) i tried to chew some soft foods today, like macaroni and bread. i did it, but now i am paying for it. you poor thing, 2 weeks is a long time not being able to eat regular food.

i'm not sure about seeing the blood inside, but i would call the dentist about it. i plan to call mine tomorrow about the not-being-able-to-open-my-mouth situation, and the entire right side of my mouth and face throbbing. i mean it's my tongue, upper and lower jaw, my throat, my temple, my cheek, my ear, even into my neck at times. it's crazy.

good luck to you and ladida.

[Please avoid using cuss/slang words. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 11-21-2005 at 05:29 PM.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:59 PM   #6
(female)

daffy93 HB User

I am okay now. I just have to take some advil and void the pain. I hope I don't have to do this again or any other teeth be taken out.

Old 11-24-2005, 05:22 PM   #7
(female)

susara HB User

i'm glad you're feeling better. i feel the same way. i am finally starting to feel better after finding out i did have a dry socket and getting it packed. i am so glad it's all over and i never have to do this again. hopefully no other teeth ever. :P

Last edited by susara; 11-24-2005 at 05:23 PM.

Closed Thread