It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2003, 02:07 AM   #1
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Post Hydrogen Peroxide - gums stopped bleeding

Just an update...about 1-2 weeks ago I started using only the store bought hydrogen peroxide solution (I think it's 3%) - I use it straight, dipping my tooth brush into it to brush my teeth, slowly, carefully, around my gums, and then rinse with it. I stopped using all forms of tooth paste and regular mouth wash. This is all I use. And for the past 1-2 weeks, ALL the bleeding of my gums has totally stopped! They used to bleed every time I brushed or rinsed. Now, - nothing.

I don't have bad breath. I don't wake up with any icky feeling in my mouth (ie: typical morning dragon breath),...nothing like that ever! I even eat garlic pizza and some how this stuff helps me to clean away any gunk way better than toothpaste ever did.

As of last night and this morning, I've also noticed that the acne around my mouth and nose is almost totally gone. I used to break out there and couldn't figure out why or what it was, but there's nothing now.

Old 01-13-2003, 02:57 AM   #2
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Hi Merrida,
I have used HP esp when Ive had a toothache or to make my mouth feel xtra clean.It"boils"out possible infection(s),just helps speed the healing process.I always mix it with part warm water..A big sized bottle costs maybe a 1.00 at Dollar Store..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2003, 07:07 AM   #3
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Yah, I know, isn't it incredible? When I think of how much I spent on toothpastes and mouth rinses, etc., and here I went out and bought a cheapo bottle of HP solution, and my mouth has never felt better or cleaner, and this is the first time in years I've been "blood free" when brushing!

This is way too cool.

Old 01-13-2003, 07:34 PM   #4

msween HB User
Merrida,

You should like this article on Hydrogen Peroxide.
[url="http://www.ehso.com/ehshome/MedicalH2O2.htm"]http://www.ehso.com/ehshome/MedicalH2O2.htm[/url]

Old 01-14-2003, 10:01 AM   #5

DoeRaeMe HB User
I don't know how I would get through my life without peroxide. I have been using it for everything for about 15 years. In addition to using it for mouthwash and gargle, I also use it to irrigate my ear canals. Once my right ear was completely plugged up and I couldn't hear a thing. I used 50% peroxide and warm water and at first it didn't seem to be helping. But eventually the bubbly action of the peroxide and the warm water loosened things up and chunks of dark gold wax started showing up in the sink. You need to use the right amount of pressure, not too hard to hurt your ear drum but enough to dislodge the wax. What a relief. I don't know how it got so bad. I have unusually small ear canals so I guess they get plugged up easily.

I also pour peroxide in the water when I do a foot bath and pour a whole bottle in the tub when I want to sit and soak. It's great. I wish I could buy it by the gallon jug.

[This message has been edited by DoeRaeMe (edited 01-14-2003).]

Old 01-14-2003, 07:15 PM   #6

pinkcat HB User
Dr. Weil, the doctor from Harvard, stated in his newletter today, equal parts of water and HP used 3x a week makes an excellent mouthwash.

Old 02-02-2003, 09:38 AM   #7

KatieCat HB User
I'm also a satisfied user of hydrogen peroxide. It's especially good at keeping breath fresh. I highly recommend everyone give it a try.

Old 02-07-2003, 03:42 AM   #8
Inactive

Merrida HB User
On the label it says not to use it for more than 7 days. Is this just a CYA precaution or something?

I love it too, the stuff works great for so many things. Great on laundry too, especially for blood stains (works as good as, and cheaper than, the stuff you get in the nurse uniform shops for blood stains).

Besides it feels good.

I lie on my side and let it soak in my ear canals too (but I don't know what you mean about pressure? Do you use a bulb or something to squirt it in? Maybe I should try that).

I think that it's a combination of TMJ, the slew of dental stuff I'm dealing with, etc., that's also contributing to my ear problems. They are all connected anyway,....even though my dentists swear up and down to me there is no connection between dental issues and ear issues.

Closed Thread