It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2002, 05:20 PM   #1

Alive777 HB User
Post Wisdom teeth

all of my 4 wisdom teeth are coming in. Well my upper teeth came in already but the bottom are just coming in, now is it necessary to have all 4 of them taking out if i have a minor infection on one of my upper ones??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2002, 09:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

There has been long discussions about this before. Some people will say yes, others will say no.

Personally, I'd try to avoid pulling the wisdom teeth, unless they are going to present some problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2002, 07:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
rhody are you a dentist?? if so would you be kind enough to join in with my post??? titled come with me all you who are scared? thanx

[This message has been edited by niecsey (edited 09-16-2002).]

Old 09-16-2002, 09:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

Hi,

No, I'm not a dentist - just someone interested in health care. I'll take a look....

Old 02-08-2003, 01:50 AM   #5

MOnStERDeStRoYerr!~ HB User
Angry

I hate wisdom teeth !

Old 02-16-2003, 02:17 PM   #6
Inactive

lacii HB User
Sometimes the dentist thinks it's best to pull them all and sometimes not.
My daughter's wisdom teeth are tightly fit between all her other teeth. Her teeth are real tight. So no surgery.
My son claims he has no wisdom teeth yet.
Mine stayed impacted and I'm 58. Then I took alot of prednisone and just last month my xray showed only one wisdom tooth left. I'm thinking prednisone eats up bone and teeth are bones. That must be what happened.

Old 02-17-2003, 12:02 PM   #7

Hezza182 HB User
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed in January of 2003, only a few weeks ago actually!
It was a simple procedure, even with 2.5 of them impacted. I was asleep for it and I woke up with no pain, still under local anesthetic for a few hours. The pain after the surgery was nothing compared to the pain I felt before I had them out. If you do have them pulled, I wish you luck and hope you make a good recovery without many complications, like I did.
Go to a search engine and look for Impacted Wisdom Teeth or Wisdom Teeth Extractions or something on the topic to further educate yourself before you make any decisions.

Old 02-17-2003, 12:06 PM   #8

princessmom1 HB User
I had to have one of mine out about 15 years ago, due to discomfort. Then, last fall I was having TMJ problems and the oral surgeon recommended removing the other 2 (I only had 3). If there is infection they will probably recommend removing at least that one. If you are going to be sedated you might want to consider having them all done at once. I know that when I had the 2 removed in the fall it was no big deal, other than about 2 days of extra sleep and eating softer foods. After all the pain I'd had from my other dental problems I thought it was a piece of cake. See what your dentist/oral surgeon thinks. If you find a good one they will be honest with you.

Good Luck

Old 02-17-2003, 08:56 PM   #9

919Florida HB User
I just had all four of mine out recently also. If you are going in to have some of them pulled go ahead and get them all out. Because then if a problem would arise in the future you don't ahve to have the surgury again.

The operation was a breeze for me and I would do it again if I had to. I was very scarred going into the operation but after I could not beleive how scarred I was.

Good luck

Closed Thread