It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2003, 05:46 PM   #1

Fixed Bridge Removal HB User
Post Fixed Bridge Removal

Does anyone know how hard it is for a Dentist to remove a fixed bridge? I'm thinking if you have a bridge removed and replaced by the Dentist that your real teeth holding the bridge in place could come loose. If anyone has had a bridge replaced a short note on you're experience would sure be welcome.
Thank you,
Craig

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2003, 08:48 PM   #2

Sunshine Sue HB User
Hi. I had this done once--They tap the bridge and try to get the cement loose--didn't hurt. No the teeth won't come out when the bridge does. If they can't get it off they use a cutter and just cut it off in pieces. This doesn't hurt at all. Relax , you will do fine--

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2003, 06:25 AM   #3

clprez HB User
My experience was a little bit worse, sorry to say.

One the teeth that was anchoring my bridge had a root canal a long time ago, and it broke off. My dentist tried to clean out my roots, but there was nothing left, so the tooth was going to have problems eventually anyway.

I had that tooth dug out, and the tooth next to it ground down for an anchor, which meant getting a new bridge.

I hope this doesn't sound like a horror story. I just want you to be prepared, just in case one of your anchor teeth has had a root canal.

Even if you've had a root canal, you might not have any problems. If you haven't, you should have any problems at all.

(Edit)The other person mentioned something about cutting the bridge. I was having mine removed because it wasn't seated right, and it hit my other teeth weirdly. If it weren't for the problem with the yucky tooth, they would have been to use the bridge over. I don't know what you're having done, but I thought I'd mention that.

Good Luck,

Carol

[This message has been edited by clprez (edited 03-17-2003).]

Closed Thread