It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2003, 10:19 AM   #1

ares2u HB User
Post growing back bone

I experienced some bone loss due to a bad tooth. If I extract the tooth, will bone completely grow back? Or does it depend on your age? I'm 36. There must be some cases where it doesn't grow back as there are dental procedures to grow back bone. That's where I'm confused. Can someone clear things up for me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2003, 12:55 PM   #2

sbloomer HB User
Ares2u,

First of all it depends on how much bone loss you have. Most of the time though bone will eventually fill in the extraction site, it does take some time however because when the new bone forms it fills in the the bottom up so it may take awhile. Also if there is alot of bone loss when you have x-rays you may see still a little dark spot but as long as the spot isn't getting any bigger then its fine. Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2003, 07:54 PM   #3

Tracey1969 HB User
Talking

I can't clear things up for you but I do have a comment about bone loss. I had 2 teeth extracted due to root resorption and have lost bone mass there as a result. I could have bone grafting done then I could maybe support implants but who knows. I think alot of it has to due to the situation with your bad tooth. What exactly happend to it? I'm 33 and was in my late 20's when I lost my teeth. Hope this helps!

Closed Thread