It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

msterio619 HB User
Help Need Suggestions

Hi,

I am in dire need of immediate dental work. I am not able to eat due to missing or cracked teeth. I was told by last doctor visit that it looks I will have to have the rest of my top teeth removed as they are not saveable at this point. The bottoms are just as bad. I have 8 teeth remaining on top that need to be removed. The problem I am encountering is the cost of all this work. I am disabled and my medicare insurance will not cover any of this. I do not have the thousands of dollars that this will cost for the extraction/iv sedation(NEEDED) and then the dentures. I live in WA state and have called everywhere i could today to see what I can do to cover the finanical part of this and am getting absolutely no where. All places I have called have referred me to there credit financing dept which I do not qualify for. So there goes that idea. I also think if I applied for medicade they would not approve me. But I will give it a shot. Any other suggestion of what I could do? Any insurace just for dental I could get now and not have to wait a few months or be denied due to pre-exsisting problems?

Thanks

Old 11-30-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

msterio619 HB User
Re: Help Need Suggestions

BTW -- also tried the dental school through the university - they are booked until after 2006. They don't use the IV Sedation so that wouldn't work either because of my dental fear.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2005, 01:44 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

My husband got his absolutley free through a charity fund. All the pulling, sedation, dentures, eveything. (no relines though-ha ha) Do you live in a prety big town? He also had a caseworker. What about comunity health? Social servies? Every church/charity grp in town.

Old 12-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

msterio619 HB User

I live in Seattle def big town. The community dental clinics want $ upfront. I am working on social services now. Hopefully they can help if not I will try around to the places you mentioned. Thx

Old 12-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

Try the local Elks chapter-that's who helped my hubby. (BPO Elks)

Old 12-04-2005, 05:58 PM   #6
Inactive

hebfourt HB User

Hi:
Check our [removed] No pre existing conditions.

[Personal webpages or websites with advertising are not permitted. Please read the board guidelines by clicking the "Posting Rules" above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 12-04-2005 at 07:36 PM.

Old 12-05-2005, 07:00 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

msterio619 HB User

Thx I will try that too. I just hope I can find someone that can help me with this. As i said my teeth are really bad no aches (yet...knocks really hard on wood. The thing that is complicating this issue is since I was a kid I grinded my teeth really bad and still do at age 34. Over the yrs it has taken it's toll. I have grinded them to the point of where i don't have the tooth just the stump of the roots. I have cracked a few other over the past few weeks. My jaw is killing me - I can't open my mouth sometimes cuz it just hurts and the headaches. I wish I didn't have a really bad fear of the dentist I know I would have not been in the situation I am in now. I swear it takes one bad experience and it scars ya for life. Thats why if i go now I need to be knocked out with IV, given valium as well as notrious-oxide. Anyways it's a new day hopefully i will find something thanks agn for the suggestion I really appreciate it.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

ever though of a mouthguard? I see them at the grocery store in the loohpaste section. DOn't be scared-just go in-if you're getting them pulled, there will be plenty of time for screaming later.-LOL!
Also, look in the phone book under dental plans. Or get all family to chip in.

Last edited by wintersun; 12-06-2005 at 12:54 AM. Reason: add

Old 12-07-2005, 06:55 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

msterio619 HB User

Think I am beyond the mouth guard at this point. I am trying to save as much to get this work done.

For the extractions long as they knock me out I am cool with it.

Yea, I have looked online for dental plans and seems like if you have a pre-existing problem they won't cover it or you have to wait 6 months for the plan to kick in. I don't know if I can wait that long.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

Hope You get some help soon!

Old 12-09-2005, 03:11 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

msterio619 HB User

Still haven't found anything insurance wise. What I think what I may have to do is just make an appointment with my regular dentist so we can come up with a plan. See what needs to be done immediately and what can wait and go from there. it's my options are limited as well as my income. The thing that sucks will be the cost of the IV sedation that I will incur at each visit -- i rather have all the bad teeth removed in one shot than pay $350 + cost of the exractions each time I go. But this seems like the only logical solution at this point. Unless there is some stone I left unturned cuz I looked everywhere.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:14 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

You CAN get them all out at once-just tell him that's what you want to do. That's what I did. I just told him I was thinking about/wanting dentures. He took one look at me and said OK (LOL) So he will most likely concur. I know that IV cost is a KILLER! I paid the bucks WITH insurance! Like $130 for 1/2 hr. And that's really the only practical way to go for all 8, anyway...fears aside! (LOL)

Old 12-10-2005, 12:28 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

msterio619 HB User

Hey Yea i say take all but I don't have the cash. I mean they're quoating me like 150-200 per extraction - so there's like almost 2k adding in the iv sedation. They get me like $350 1/2 hr on that. Then no dentures after YIKES... like i say i will make appointment to see what my best plan is my mouth is a wreak and I don't know where to start

Old 12-10-2005, 03:50 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User

Oh yeah, forgot about that! Sounds like a plan- he should work with you, but they usually want prety hefty payments- what about a loan- or try to get a credit card! They might only approve you for $300 each card, but just get about 5 of them-lol! They should do it if you got pretty good credit (or no credit is good, too) Regardless of your income. Apply for all of them online! And see what happens..

Old 12-11-2005, 10:04 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

wintersun HB User
Talking Re: Help Need Suggestions

See post about Sexton, SC! I knew it ws in SC, but couldn't remember where! Only have heard people talk about it. Worth lookng into, even if you have to take the bus!

Closed Thread