Re: Mold on toothbrush
Perhaps it happened to hers and not to yours because of the different types of bacteria in your mouths...
Possibly a minute crack almost impossible to see with the naked eye that caused dampness to remain...
I found this interesting:
"Every toothbrush in the household should be kept in a sanitary place totally separate from anyone else's. Toothbrushes should be allowed to air and dry after use---do not put them in cabinet drawers where they can accumulate germs, become infected, cause mold or mildew, or cause other fungus to grow on them---always rinse toothbrushes after use---preferably disinfect them before and after use due to the living germs from the mouth where more bacteria grow than most any other part of the body or environment. "
Also, I have read where some folks recommend that family members should each have their own tube of toothpaste! Not finicky those darn germs and bugs.
Personally, I think that is a bit extreme...
But I have begun trying to disinfect my toothbrush more often.