It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 05:43 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
Exclamation Fillings - How long do they last?

Hi,

Having the second filling fall out within a month, I've started to wonder how long this stuff actually lasts!

I had some amalgamate fillings in as a kid but only in milk teeth, and I got the last major fillings done maybe 6-10 years ago - they were all done with the white stuff (not sure what it's called), which was quite new in Switzerland at the time.

When I last went for a checkup, he just looked in briefly (not as thorough as usual, and he didn't do the cleaning either) and told me I had to have a filling redone on the 2nd molar on the right (from the back). Had that redone last week and it was quite a big job but thankfully this time the tooth behind it was missing so it was easier.

Then on Monday I was eating raclette (dish with melted cheese - hardly tough/crunchy stuff!!!) and when I flossed afterwards a small piece of tooth came out. Today at work a large piece fell out (one of those "between teeth" ones) & I'm going in tomorrow, hopefully he'll not charge me too much since he completely missed it & failed to do much else in my checkup, which I paid £23 for.

Now I'm wondering if maybe my fillings are starting to disintegrate? If they are I'll have to request a full dental history from my previous 2 dentists in Switzerland (1 I had until 16 or 18, the other is an adult dentist) because there's gonna be quite a few more falling out soon

Inhibited Perfectionist

Closed Thread