It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2003, 05:40 AM   #1

bluejeanbaby HB User
Talking It wasn't that bad

Well I had my 7 teeth pulled yesterday (one wisdom tooth) and the partial put in. It feels like a retainer!

For anyone who's going through this make sure the dentist gives you an anti-anxiety medication to take beforehand- it makes a world of difference. And if they tell you to tak 1/2 a pill the night before to help you sleep DO IT (unlike me- who was up most of the night)...

The only painful part were the needles (and after the first couple it's frozen and you can't feel the rest!). The only thing I felt during the teeth pulling was pressure- no pain.

I suspect that the healing will be the ickiest part of the whole thing!

Old 08-29-2003, 04:26 PM   #2

Yos HB User
Hi Bluejeanbaby,

Glad to hear the extractions went OK http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif It sounds like the worst part for you was little bit of lost sleep the night before. Hopefully, you'll heal quickly. Rinse with salt water often, it promotes healing and actually feels pretty soothing. With a little bit of practice and patience you'll be eating normally soon. Good luck!

Yos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2003, 01:52 AM   #3

TLinNIreland HB User
l am so glad to hear that your dental proceedure is going well. l, too, had a similar dental proceedure done about 10 years ago. l had 17 teeth removed through outpatient surgery and was left with only 15 of my front teeth. l had absolutely no problems the following day and when the dentist called to see if l was in pain l said no, it's as if nothing happened the previous day! He was so shocked that l wasn't in pain! l did have some slight phantom pains and little fragments of teeth but nothing major.

All the best!

Closed Thread