It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2003, 03:02 AM   #1

TLinNIreland HB User
Post My Dental Story

l have always had major problems with my teeth. When l was younger l had some of the most awful toothaches from these decayed teeth.
About 14 years ago, l ended up having out patient surgery and had 17 teeth taken out! All the back ones and was left with 15 front teeth. Never had a problem with the surgery, pain or anything.
Forward, 5 yrs later, and my front teeth started giving me problems. My left side front tooth needed a root canal. Had that, no problem. Then canine tooth on upper right side decided that it was going to decay, then bottom tooth under the canine started decaying. Was living in the states at the time and had no dental insurance and no money to cover the cost of having treatment done. Teeth decayed and l had a bad smile then!

Forward now to the present. I married a man from Scotland moved there then onto Northern lreland where l am at present! (ready to come back home to America now )Anyway, last February, front tooth that had root canal done on it broke! Went to dentist and had temp put on it, he saw the other teeth and said "well l see you need major work done!" Um yeah right! So back l went to start the work on my teeth.
l guess l misunderstood the dentist when he did the intial exam, he told me l needed 2 root canals, 4 crowns and 2 fillings, then l can get the partials finally!!! YEAH!!!
Well when l went in for the first treatment, Root canals, he said during the treatment "l am so please how these 2 are going l am going to do the other two also" I asked What other two? He replied yes you are going to have 4 root canals! ok do what you must! Acutally it was easy peasy! No problems!

Last dental appointment was having 4 upper teeth prepared for the crowns! l have had more soreness and discomfort from them. But now this week l go back for the crowns and one filling.

Next appointment is another filling, and a crown on the bottom.

Final appointment is for the two partial plates! and then l will finally have a nice smile again!

I can't wait!!

------------------
An American living in Northern Ireland....l wanna go home!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread