The dentist who did my wisdom tooth extraction would not accept liability for any cracked teeth. He made me sign to that effect. Because the tooth was already broken, it was 'at risk' and just gave during the procedure
My agony continues...
I went to see a different dentist on Wednesday the 27th. I asked for an extraction, but he convinced me to do the first half of a root canal, and wait till October (when my insurance kicked in) to do the second half.
I begged him to get me out of pain -- begged him! -- and asked if the procedure would get me out of pain -- he said yes.
Well, no. My tooth now hurts worse than ever. I'm taking Vicadin, but even the Vicadin doesn't last from one dose to the next.
I paged the dentist on Friday afternoon and apparently I needed an emergency draining. But my dentist was on holiday for Labor Day weekend, and he wouldn't be back until Tuesday.
I called the dentist he referred me too -- they wanted $325 out-of-pocket to remove the temporary filling to the drain tooth! That's outrageous!
Needless to say, I could not afford the procedure and have to wait for my dentist to get back. Everyone is closed until Tuesday.
This has totally spoiled our holiday weekend. I'm roaming the house at 1am in the morning with no end in site to the pain. Though I'm taking antibiotics too, there just doesn't seem to be an end to this nightmare. I keep waking my poor son up, and his father has had to take over his care this weekend -- on a holiday no less! So much for getting me out of pain
And my dentist vacations in a cottage in the North this weekend. Seems a bit ironic. Forgive me, I'm in a bad mood from the pain