It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2003, 12:48 AM   #1

Laeykeisha HB User
Post After wisdom tooth extraction

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this board, so my apologies if I do something stupid.
I have a question. I had my bottom left wisdom tooth out about 7 weeks ago. Apparently it was a 'nasty' (ie difficult) extraction. I've noticed that in the cheek area near the extraction site it kind of feels "swolen" (I'm not sure if this is the right word). It doesn't hurt or anything and I only really notice it when I actually put my finger back there to feel it. I went to a dentist last week and he told me that it was just scar tissue and/or the muscle back there sorting itself out.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had this? Does it ever go away or is it there permanently?

Thanks for any responses,

Laeykeisha

Old 08-30-2003, 05:48 AM   #2

KazKan HB User
It will go away. I had the same thing with one of my extractions and it is just the tissue and bone filling in the void.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 06:24 AM   #3

Laeykeisha HB User
Thanks for your reply KazKan.

I've realised that my description might be a little inaccurate. I guess 'swelling' might still apply. It's kind of like a hardish patch in my cheek near where my tooth was. Was this what you or anyone else for that matter experienced?

I've also noticed a few people talking about the gap behind the last tooth where the wisdom teeth were filling in. Is this true? Does your mouth ever feel normal again?

Thanks, Laeykeisha

Old 09-05-2003, 03:05 AM   #4

Laeykeisha HB User
Anyone....

Closed Thread