It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2003, 11:49 PM   #1

mom2johnathan HB User
Angry Anyone ever have dry socket twice with the same tooth extraction?

I posted about a terrible experience I had with the extraction of a tooth last week.I'm still in serious pain.I went back this past Tuesday and was told I had dry socket.The dentist opens the gum up to see if he can get it to clot,after he does this he tells me to sit there a few minutes.He comes back and tells me the blood is starting to clot,but he can't say that it will 100% and tells me to go home.I've been in extreme pain since then,I've had a total of 62 pain pills in less than 3 weeks.I'm out now,they were given to me over a period of time of course,but nothing seems to be helping,if anyone read my post the dentist from you know where you know what I went through.I believe I still have dry socket or my jawbone is damage really bad.The pain wakes me up during the night.I called today,but they closed at 12 so now I've got to wait til Monday to see someone again.I know there had to be something causing all this pain,my face is still swelled and the tooth was pulled a wk ago.The gum looks awlful.I've had headaches so bad I could cry.I don't know what's worse the headaches or the jaw pain.My face was bruised,I wonder if this pain could be coming from more bruising on the inside that I can't see.Wish me luck this is killing me and I have a little one to look after so I can't just lay down or knock myself out to ease the pain.

Old 09-06-2003, 07:46 AM   #2
Inactive

Puzzled HB User

Dry socket pain can last a couple of weeks. When I had it the oral surgeon packed it with medicine and the relief was amazing and no side effects of pain pills. He used clove oil. You can purchase this by Oragel - it says Red Cross on it. You put it on a gauze and put it in the socket. It burns at first but then relieves the pain. I don't know if I'd want to do it myself though - he did it for me and then removed it. He packed it every 5 days for a total of three times. If you have medical insurance I bet the ER would do it for you if you get too bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread