It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2001, 08:26 PM   #1

rev HB User
Post White tongue -- is there a cure?

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a cure for white tongue. It's something I've had for years and it's really bothering me. It makes my mouth feel very dry all the time. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated. Also, if you know any web sites with any info or cures on this PLEASE let me know. Thanks...

Old 03-30-2001, 08:21 PM   #2

BUUBASGIRL HB User
SOMETIMES USE OF ANTIBIOTICS CAUSES THIS I BELIEVE ITS CALLED "THRUSH" TALK WITH A NURSE OR PHARMACIST GARGELING WITH PEROXIDE WILL CLEAR THIS UP, TALK TO A PHARMACIST, THEY WILL TELL YOU HOW TO MIX AND USE THE SOLUTION.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2001, 10:35 AM   #3

jonny HB User
i wouldnt just say it is thrush..white tounge can be a number of things..it might just be bacterial build up from poor sleep habits.see a doctor..have them take a culture and see what it is..

Old 12-31-2001, 01:00 AM   #4
(male)

DaTBoYJ HB User
Damn i was gonna ask this question to till i searched it !!!!!!! mines is white to any 1 else know what to do ????

Old 09-02-2003, 02:57 PM   #5
Inactive

Louise2 HB User
Do you get bad breath with the white coating? How long have you had the coated tongue?

Old 09-02-2003, 04:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Go to the drug store to the toothpaste aisle and buy a plastic tooth scraper. Works wonders !

------------------

Susan Gene

Old 09-08-2003, 07:03 PM   #7

Cleaners HB User
Usually, a tongue cleaner alone can't clear a white tongue, you also need some kind of cleaning gel, available at most drug stores.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for a white tongue to return pink?

Old 09-09-2003, 12:22 AM   #8
Inactive

Louise2 HB User
Read my post under this topic called "White coated tongue and it STINKS". i have found something that helps me a lot. No need to suffer. xx

Old 12-04-2003, 02:54 PM   #9

natural monk HB User
Re: White tongue -- is there a cure?

Addressing the more pressing issue of the coated tongue and breath.....
Well, I have very recently used two of nature's very potent antibacterial/antiviral/antifungals with success. I bought pure OREGANO OIL and pure TEA TREE OIL and began using these (separately) to mix for mouthwashes and simply dropping some on my toothbrush and tongue scraper (almost painfully strong--I liked that because I knew it was destroying whatever that damn coating was).

I read on a very comprehensive Candida website that oregano oil is more powerful as well as gentler than the popular NYSTATIN (natural is almost always better than man made). In addition, I bought some 'PerioTherapy Toothpaste' from that money mongerer who owns TheraBreath, Dr. Harold Katz, as it's the most predominant when searching for a 'white coated tongue'. I have to say that this stuff must help some, as it addresses foul breath bacteria, but the oils are the powerful agents (just wanted to mention, in order to be thorough).

Please be aware that these oils are EXTREMELY potent and dilution is very much advised (they suggest 4 parts olive oil to 1 part oregano), although not required. I have not been using these for very long at all, so I cannot say that this coating won't return, however, my tongue is pink again and my breath is back to normal. Finally.

[Edited to remove websites with advertising.]

Last edited by Well-come; 12-04-2003 at 05:55 PM.

Old 09-10-2004, 06:20 AM   #10

magichunter HB User

Hi! i am suffering white tongue for 3 years now. I think it started when i took antibiotics for the lung illness that have inflicted me. My lungs are good now, but my tongue stinks! I have tried gargling with peroxides and baking soda, but it seems to be ineffective, i can smell and taste the difference 10 min right after. I have tried using therabreath toothgels and mouthwashes, doesn't seem to work, but when i tried on the mouthwash with tea tree oil, i notice some improvements. My friend said that it was the first time i brushed my teeth, yes it was embarrassing to hear that. Unfortunately, the only distributor from where i am wont sell those mouthwashes with tea tree oil again. I think tea tree oil is the most potent to cure white tongue, i just don't know if they sell such from where i am. And i don't know what the mixture should be.

Old 09-13-2004, 05:08 AM   #11
(female)

Cookie531 HB User

Try brushing your tongue or use a wet washcloth and rub it briskly. It might come off.

Old 09-13-2004, 07:46 PM   #12

mjss HB User

I get thrush a lot. I have sjogrens and have little saliva hence a dry mouth which leads to thrush. there are presciption medications such as nystatin,mycelex,sporonox etc. i also take an otc biotine mouthwash daily,even if i don't have trush at the time.I also use a mouthwash that my dentist give me. i get a lot of cavities from the dry mouth. if you get thrush a lot have a doc see if you have sjogrens.

Closed Thread