It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

prncssxjx HB User
Unhappy amoxicillin

i have a huge phobia of throwing up.
right now i have a really bad tooth infection that has now spread throughout my body because i havent taken antibiotics because i am scared of them.
i was told that i HAVE to take them.
but i am scared out of my mind that they will hurt my stomache and make me sick...my stomache is very sensitive to everything, although i dont throw up much because i avoid things that would make me sick.

i was just wondering if anyone has ever had any side effects from amoxicillin or if they were safe to take.
or just how common the side effects are.

i'd REALLY appreciate it, cuz i know tons of people have taken it.
thanks
-Jackie

Old 09-07-2003, 05:47 PM   #2
Inactive

Puzzled HB User
Amoxicillin has had no side effects for me or anyone in my family. The positive effect of killing your infection should far outweigh any negative effects of the drug even if there were any. You can get so sick from a tooth infection - please take the drug. If the instructions say to take with food do so and you should not get sick. They give this drug to babies-it is very safe, you will be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 06:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
You will be so much worse off if you do not take the Amoxicillin.

Amoxicilin will not give you bad side effects most likely it will give you none.

I would rather put up with the side effects then have a infection attacking my insides.

Good luck

Old 09-07-2003, 06:55 PM   #4

Liisa HB User
I recently took a round of Amoxicillin, 875 mg, for a week for a gum infection. No side effects at all as long as you are careful to take it with a meal.

You don't want to let this infection run free. Get on the antibiotic, you will be fine.

Old 09-07-2003, 09:21 PM   #5
(female)

prncssxjx HB User
thanks.

your replies really helped me alot.
i'm going to start taking them tomorrow afternoon. so hopefully by then i can get my mind a lil in the right place and not feel so worried about it so that i wont have another panic attack while trying to take it. hehe
this anxiety is gonna be the death of me ;p

Old 09-09-2003, 02:34 PM   #6

Random01234 HB User
Cool

START TAKING THEM NOW! You will be sooooo much better off taking them! I have the same problem with a very sensitive stomach. It is a VERY safe and very effective drug. Doctors are VERY careful who they give antibiotics to. If they were prescribed you need to take them NOW! Get yourself in the mindset that if you eat first, you will not get sick! Otherwise your gonna make yourself sick and it wont even be caused by the drug! Eat something solid and drink milk 15 min before you take it. It will totally coat your stomach and you won't get sick. If you let the tooth infection get worse you will probably get sick to your stomach from that. And if you keep putting off taking it, you will be sick from worrying! If your mouth is too sore to eat solid food, eat mashed potatoes or very mushy egg salad, it has the same exact effect! TAKE THEM!

Closed Thread